Re: HomeFusion Broadband..anyone happy?
opelgt

BobbyS_VZW,

For the last 3 weeks it has been better with less disconnects and having to reset the antenna. today and yesterday there have been many disconnects. According to the the local store who checked on my ticket there is a software update coming out in Feb. let us hope it works. It has got to a point VZW needs to compensate their users. problems started from install in Aug 2013 and it has not stopped yet. I am glad I kept the ticket open and kept checking, right now customer service says I can still return it for a full refund due to an open ticket.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Yup i hated HF when i got it the day it became nationwide but now it has gotten better i have had it since may of 2012. keep getting HF better .

And the caps i hope get a boost but overall HF is great now at least for this area lol.

0 Likes
pasturemuffins

Home Fusion is like driving a high priced sports car...blistering fast, but you're going to pay $30.00 a gallon for fuel.  Like the THOUSANDS of other complaints about ridiculous data consumption, we were told by the (lying) salesman that with our e-mail usage and web site research, we would only use about 10 GB a month. Hahahahaaaa.  In 9 days we burned 10 GB.  NO one here watches movies, TV, plays stupid kid games, just e-mails and some genealogy research.Verizon's answer to that was to jack up our rate plan another $30 to 20 GB.  We were consuming over 30 GB a month on just e-mails and web site research.  I'm not sure how Verizon can be so totally oblivious to the thousands of similar comments posted on their OWN website.

Anyway, the real kicker was we took the computer on a project with us for 6 weeks to Wyoming and Montana, no one was here in Florida and there was no equipment attached to it.  When we got back after being GONE for 6 weeks, we were billed for 186 individual data sessions, with no one, and no equipment here, it wasn't even turned on. Of course Verizon tried to tell us someone drove up to the side of the house and must have been pirating our data connection.  We live a half mile back from the nearest road, no one even knows we are here and the gates are locked when we go away, but that was their answer.

Then the service went down, and 21 days, yes 21 DAYS later it still was not on.  They sent a repair tech out on the 8th day, but he went to an old location 1,250 miles away. (These people at Verizon are clueless about where their customer and their cantena really are.)  So since they left us without service for 21 days we finally said, well, you can imagine, and we went with DishNet.  Somewhat slower, but even using it MORE because we are not afraid it is raping us in our sleep, we burn 15-17GB a month.  So we use it more, and we consume about half of what Verizon was saying we used.  Go figure.

What really galls me is that when you talk to Verizon, they are totally oblivious to the problem, they are totally clueless that thousands of people have said the same thing ON THEIR OWN VERIZON WEBSITE.

The standard answer is "Well, we will fill out a trouble ticket and someone will call you in 72 hours."  Wow, that's prompt service.  In this age of immediacy, that's an eternity.  Besides...no one will EVER call.  YOUR CHANCES OF HAVING SOMEONE CALL YOU BACK ARE ABOUT THE SAME AS WINNING THE POWERBALL JACKPOT.  SLIM AND NONE.

They probably figure that in 72 hours you will have forgotten you even have a trouble ticket. 

Oh yes...here's a good one.  When they installed it the tech was giddy with excitement because he was hitting not one, but two tower sites two feet off the ground.  He had so much signal there he was getting sunburned.  When it went down the first time, about 3 days later, he came back and swapped out the cantena and the router, but said it was a network issue.  He actually called me later to tell me he installed my equipment at another new customers place, because he knew it wasn't the issue.  So the second time it went down we got the "72 hour trouble ticket call back promise" (no one EVER called) and when we inquired about it, we were told that tech support service CLOSED OUT the trouble ticket because "there was insufficient signal there for the service to work."  WHAT?  Our installer was getting radiation sickness there was so much signal, and now some clown in his gray cubicle in Basking Ridge, New Jersey looks into his crystal ball and determines there is not enough signal for it to work?  And then closes out our ticket with NO communications with the CUSTOMER...The Customer, remember us?

YOU COULD NOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP.     HEY VERIZON...LOOK AT YOUR OWN WEBSITE AND SEE HOW MANY CUSTOMERS ARE REPORTING/COMPLAINING/TIRED OF problems with data usage.  You either are totally clueless there is a problem, you actually don't care there is a problem, or you know there IS a problem and you just don't care to do anything about it.  Pick one.

0 Likes
bmeyer10

Since installing HF in December 2012 it has been getting better and better.  At first it had to be reset daily but now resetting is required monthly.  HF is our only option; Cox and CenturyLink don't work well in our neighborhood due to residents stealing service.  Kudos to Verizon for updating Software.  Can't download movies or connect to DirecTV due to caps but that's something we'll have to live with our antiquated broadband infrastructure in this country.  FIOS?  We'd sign up for it in a minute if it was available here. 

0 Likes