Hoodwinked by Verizon Customer Service??
AlanaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been with Verizon for a few years so went into local store to see if could upgrade a few weeks early. Rude manager on site told me no and made sure I understood that no one up the food chain would help me. Also, offered info re potential providers I might defect to if I didn't like it. Called Verizon customer service and, after review of my excellent payment history, etc., they ok'd the upgrade for that day's sale price. Also, agreed to new service contract and accepted terms and conditions over the phone. Was quoted 2 day free shipping for the phone - but now 10 days and multiple phone calls being passed around from person to person later, STILL no phone. I have been promised on at least 3 occasions now, that the matter was handled and Verizon would make good on its representations. Last week, I told a rep I was going to file complaints with the BBB and Dept of Consumer Affairs and she asked that I wait until Monday, again promising it was being handled. Monday has come and gone and still nothing. To add insult to the pile up of injuries, I checked my account on line this evening and my phone order has completely vanished! Like it never existed. I called Verizon and got a rep who was very nice but could not help except to say that multiple folks had tried to fix the order issue but it kept getting kicked. So basically, they just didn't contact me. Hoping I'd go away? I sat on hold again, promised a supervisor was coming but finally, after over 30 minutes, I just hung up. Not surprisingly, my phone has not rung with a followup - even though CLEARLY Verizon knows who I am and the situation. Horrible HORRIBLE treatment of your customers. Very poorly done Verizon. I have filed my complaints.  Maybe Verizon will deem the BBB or Public Utilities Commission worthy of some sort of consideration - as apparently I, as a long term customer, am not.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Hoodwinked by Verizon Customer Service??
StephanieMcD

I know how you feel! Verizon is seriously lacking in the customer service department this is what I'm going through!

Why has Verizon lied to me about everything from the jump? I have been with Verizon since about June. At first it was two lines then 3 then 6. Once I added the last 3 lines, tablets, my bill went through the roof!! I was told the tablets would only be $10 a month a piece. My second bill was $780!! What the heck is that?!? Now it's $500. I do not understand why it is costing so much!! I also suspended the 3 tablets and was told it would lower the bill, it hasn't, I also got a discount from my job and that would lower the bill,it hasn't. I want something done about it NOW. Or I will leave without paying a dime! I am sick of the lies and the hidden fees no tells you about!! This is crap! Fix it now!

0 Likes
Re: Hoodwinked by Verizon Customer Service??
deloused
Master - Level 3

I know you didn't like it it, but the store manager provided you with the most accurate information. Heeding it could save you the most frustration.

0 Likes