Horrible 4LTE Coverage just outside Philly
FivePops

Can someone from VZ please get on a train and take it from Philly to Paoli. The 4G service is horrible. If you get on a SEPTA Regional Rail train from Subuarban Station to Paoli, you will be lucky to get 4LTE service at 2 of the 17 stops between the two stations. There are times when I look at my phone and I have 1 bar of 1X!?!

I pay a lot of money every month for 7 GB of data that I can barely use tethered to my iPad due to the horrible serivce. The Main Line is home to thousands of people, there shouldnt be one square inch that is not covered by 4 or 5 bars of 4LTE.

Someone from VZ needs to grab their iPhone and take the train out to Paoli and see for themselves!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible 4LTE Coverage just outside Philly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FivePops,

I am so sorry for the service issues you are having. Have you always had service issues in this area? What zipcode you having service issues in? What type of device do you have that you are connecting to your iPad? Do you have issues iwith 4G service when you leave the train?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FivePops

Lindsey:

I have always had issues, even before 4LTE when it was 3G and I had an early Droid. I currently have a iPhone 5 tethering into a iPad Mini. The issue isn't the tethering, it's solely the service. I can always confirm the slow service by looking at my iPhone and seeing a bar or two of 3G or 1X.

If someone from VZ would get on a train they would agree with the inconsistent service.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information FivePops! Service on a train can be challenging. Is service ok when you aren't on the train? Try resetting network settings here http://vz.to/1eFK7ns and or powering the device off and removing/inserting the sim card here http://vz.to/OdvnoE Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you're traveling in low coverage area. Also, sounds like it is traditionally like that since it has been this way since 3G. It is hard to get towers all over. Maybe the townships that you're train runs through has rules about how close towers can be placed to the tracks.

0 Likes