Horrible 4g Data Speeds
Lazarus-Solsong

This in not the first time I have posted about this and until its fixed I will keep posting about this,

I live in the zip code of 85326 and live very near a Verizon Wireless antenna. I get a steady rate of -68dbm all day everyday (found a sweet spot for wireless device) and for as long as I have lived in this area I have gotten horrible data speeds.

I have ask many times what is wrong and each time I was given the answer that nothing is wrong with the antenna. I find this surprising because when I am in the reach of other antennas I either get great results or horrible nothing in between.

I have come to the conclusion of Verizon Wireless has very congested antennas throughout Phoenix and all areas around it. Saddest part is Verizon Wireless can happily take the money of all those that it provides service to but will drag its heels when it comes to providing the service it was paid to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible 4g Data Speeds
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're able to, try downloading an app to test your speed while connected. I personally use, brace yourself, "speedtest" and have successfully tested my cellular and wireless speed while using it. Your dBm number looks fine, whats the asu number?

Currently my numbers read:

-105 dBm

33 asu

Speed test results:

Ping 35

Download 20mbps

Upload 4mbps

They aren't numbers to write home about, but web pages load pretty quickly.

What device do you have? How long has it been in use?

0 Likes
Re: Horrible 4g Data Speeds
Lazarus-Solsong

I use two very different devices,

Lg G2, Pantech 291LVW

I get better reception with the Pantech of course because I can place it where it gets the best signal.

Speeds vary on time of day. During normal awake hours 6am-1am I get less than 1mg/s average. At a good time maybe peak 3mg/s

At the brief window of everyone is asleep from 1am-6am it can get as high as 15mg/s.

Now here is the shocker if I go to my favorite bar in the next town I get 30-50 mg/s down n 20up.

Maybe because I'm next to an air force Base?

Reason y I say this is because if I travel in the city where "XLTE" supposed to be (Phoenix) I get same crappy speeds.

0 Likes