Horrible Customer Support
greggst49548
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years. It is amazing how hard they will try to get new customers, but will not do anything to keep current long term customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Support
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Couldn't agree with you more - I've had three separate NRB tickets open for a network/service issue and the NRB / support team keeps closing them without answering or addressing the problem. Not to mention, I purchased a new phone and replaced the SIM card, factory restored, etc.... been through every tech issue/support person Verizon seems to have and they can't fix the problem which has stemmed through multiple phones. They honestly don't care about existing loyal customer(s) and have never offered me a single thing for the 3+ months I've been dealing with them.

Hate to say it, but looking at RootMetrics - Verizon's 'network' isn't nearly as dominant as it once way. I've started looking at other carriers for service (something I never thought I would do).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to be able to identify what network concerns that you're running into, Johnny. What specific issue are you running into? Do others in the area seem to have an issue?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

MMS problems - both group and regular pic/video messages. I can send MMS messages all day long but cannot receive them or receive them seriously delayed (hours / days later). Been through all the basic troubleshooting and had network support involved (like I said, 3 NRB tickets have been opened and closed still with the issue unresolved). Nobody can fix them problem and have even had multiple devices - all having the same issue...

0 Likes
chrislynn1985

I agree whole heartly. I have also been with Verizon for 10 years and went to a corperate store this weekend for my upgrade. They want to charge you full retail for a phone that is over a year old (& by full retail I mean the original MSRP) then $25 a month to use a smartphone, plus the plan. So I asked the rep why should I continue doing buisness when I can get the same "plan" with same if not better service with straight talk for literally half the price & pay at least $200 less for the phone & she just shrugged her shoulders! After 10 years I could not believe it but with service like that it made sence why on a Sunday afternoon there was not a single person in the store. 

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I wrote a letter to Verizon's corporate and had all my complaints documented and detailed with facts. Their Manager/Supervisor that called me back to follow-up was very nice I will admit - but their approach to handling situations surely isn't focused on customer retention or satisfaction; at least not to the little people like me (i.e. small accounts that are $100 mo). My 'small' and 'petty' situation has yet to be addressed or resolved going on 3+ months which is 2.99 months to long in my eyes for what we pay as consumers.

I feel privileged to have been a subscriber for so long with one company and had no complaints... but my loyalty apparently means nothing because when I do have a problem the favor isn't returned and my problem goes unresolved nearing a 4th month.

Either way - you had your chance Verizon and your tech support and reps continually fumbled; time to pick up the ball and play for another team now.

0 Likes
Tamara1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is disheartening because they will give a new customer to Verizon better service, better prices, and better deals. As a long time customer I recently went to renew my contract and received none of that. Not to mention, no one in tech support cares to actually fix the problems we've been having with lower service, tablet, and phone issues. Time to switch to a different company!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tamara1234, each and every experience you have with us should be the absolute best. I am truly sorry that this wasn't the case when you went to upgrade your phone. What issues are you having with your device? We're here to help so please share.
ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tamara1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

For starters, it would be nice to get an actual person respond to my issues, instead of an automated response.

My issues are here:
Cannot get software update for Verizon Ellipsis 7

And I have not received a response.

Really the root of the problem is that after being a long-time customer, I cannot get any of the offers or support that a new customer is offered.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tamara1234, I can assure you that our responses are not automated and we want to help in any way that we can. What happens when you try to up date software on your Ellipsis 7? Do you get an error of some sort?
ErinW_VZW

0 Likes