Horrible Signal Levels in Winston-Salem, NC
fecrousejr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Signal levels have degraded in Winston-Salem, NC to the point where my phone is not worth much more than a paper weight.  I have been with Verizon (and its predecessors) since 1987 and have never had this problem.  I've been a vocal customer, promoting Verizon over other carriers based on excellent signal quality.  I have not been able to maintain calls for the past 6 days, most notably in three distinct areas where I spend most of my time.  Any known issues in the area?

Labels (1)
Re: Horrible Signal Levels in Winston-Salem, NC
dmelissabcarvin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem in Greensboro, GA. I have been a Verizon customer for over 7 years and talked most of our friends and family to switch to Verizon and now I can't get a signal and I'm missing important calls and text messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fecrousejr, having reliable service is so very important as it is how we stay connected to our friend and family. I am definitely here to help to ensure this happens. We truly thank you for all your years of service with us. We’d like to make this a lifetime relationship so let’s get started in resolving this issue. Prior to this forum, have we done any troubleshooting regarding this specific issue? If so, what steps have been done thus far? Are you having this issue outdoors or indoors?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fecrousejr
Enthusiast - Level 1

AAfter the forum post, I filed a service ticket to have signal strengths checked in the area. The engineers responded that "signals are within acceptable tolerances".  That response was followed up by a phone call, during which i discussed specific areas of Winston-Salem where a noticeable degradation has happened. The technician assured me that it would continue to be monitored. The problem is low signal strength over a wide area. It does cause a no-signal condition indoors often. To combat this portion of the problem, I will be installing a network range extender as a temporary measure until signal strength improves.

0 Likes
techwonderer

I am having the same issue on the Clemmons NC side of Winston Salem.  Signal here used to be full bars and now only get one bar or less inside and one bar outside.  I have to go out to the street where there are fewer trees to get a good call completed.  It appears that even the trees are causing the slowdowns.  

Something has definately changed in Winston Salem with Verizon.  It seems like the issues started after they past the legislation to allow providers to throttle your internet.  Maybe it is to many people on the network so Verizon is throttling/choking our signal to keep up with the demand on their network.  They should invest some of their billions of dollars into more towers.  🙂

I know some of your amazing engineers and Verizon knows every connection, distance to tower, retransmission rates, poor signal areas and more and more... so it is either a matter of time or lack of time until they do something.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of ensuring you are experiencing great service at all times, Techwonderer. I did look into the area and verified there are no reported issues in the area. When did you start experiencing difficulties with service in the area? Do you know of other Verizon Wireless customers in the area who are also experiencing the same service issues?

0 Likes
runningcoach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also experiencing poor cell phone service. Consistently 110-120 dB.  Very frustrating!  Have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years. Zip code is 27103

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

runningcoach, we always want our customers to have the reliable service they deserve. To see that you’re having issues is disappointing. Let’s check out what’s going on and see how we can help. We've checked your area and we do not show any outages or issues reported. Approximately how long have you been having these issues? Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes