Horrible coverage in West Yellowstone MT and network extender doesnt help
DWCowboy

Cant use our phones inside the cabin so network extender is being added - but it  cant get a signal - GPS or otherwise even with the Omni antenna outside.  We have line of sight to towers on Horse Butte but VZW apparently doesn't have an active tower there.  Cant download data inside a building even in downtown WYS

Who knows if service is being upgraded?

15 years with VZW - but what now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible coverage in West Yellowstone MT and network extender doesnt help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DWCowboy

We definitely want to make sure you get the signal you're looking for! Let's work on this together. Which zip code are you in with your Network Extender? Is it activated fully on your account? You can check on My Verizon: http://vz.to/1j1fBw1

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DWCowboy

59758 278 Moose Drive - this is a neighborhood of 75-100 homes even though its outside town.

Our internet service is satellite which apparently is not supported , as indicated by a line in the install instructions downloaded from the VZW website.

We left the GPS out over night and could not achieve any blue lights on the Samsung unit. Does the extender require registration?

Now we get to pay a $35 restock fee for a unit sold to us at a Verizon store that doesn't work.

Questions -

is there a tower in the plans for Horse Butte? Verizon coverage is certainly weak all over town. My phone battery goes dead in an hour if I try to send a photo text message.

Should we buy a true signal booster ?- that's a $500 hit to have Verizon service at our cabin

or should we change to ATT just to have service at home and in town?

We are pleased with Verizons coverage when we travel cross-country - but in West Yellowstone we are talking about what is becoming our primary residence

Don W

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DWCowboy!

Thanks for your kind words about our service in general. Let's take a closer look into this for you. I looked up the address that you provided for 59758 and it shows 3G coverage that is VZW service. I see that portions of the area are covered with what is called the extended network (not VZW towers, but those of another carrier). Do you notice a better signal while outdoors or near a window?
I assure you that we spend billions on the network, and are always improving our service. I hope you will give us another chance.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DWCowboy

as long as we sit in the Living Room or go out on the deck - the coverage is acceptable. the deck option quickly goes away in the next few weeks since we already have lows in the 20's most nights.

Any way to contact the construction department and confirm rumors that a tower is in progress on Horse Butte?

thx

DW

0 Likes