Horrible customer service in store
boo1021

We have been customers for over 15 years, and went in to a VzW store last week to upgrade our 3 basic phones.  Wanted to keep all basics.  When they found out we wanted basics, things got very cold.  We were pointed to the corner of the store where the phones were at.  3 to pick from - all $100 each!  We asked if there weren't any free ones and were told that we'd have to go to the website to get free phones.

So I went to the kiosk in store and signed into MyVerizon and started through the upgrade process.  There were NO free phones.  So I had to sign in again for assistance from someone.  In the meantime, I went to just the Verizon website and could see 1 free phone.  30 min. later, when someone could once again be available for questions, I was told that the kiosk was not their actual website, so I couldnt do the same things as if I went to an actual computer.  I showed him that I could go to their website and could see the free phone, but he told me he couldn't help - I would have to call customer service or go home to my computer.  Then he walked off.  WOW!  I am kind of used to being shunned for having basic phones, but to brush me off twice? 

We left.   During shopping later in the day at a large box store, we discovered 3 basic Verizon phones for $.97!  3 that were not even available on the VzW website.  We got some awesome customer service from the store employee and did our upgrade of 3 phones in less than 15 min.! 

We are stuck with VzW because of our location and lack of other wireless in area, otherwise, we would switch - I do not believe in supporting horrible customer service!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible customer service in store
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

get used to it... its gonna get alot worse.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Did the large box store let you know a $30 upgrade fee for each of your basic phones will be added to your next bill? If not, then their customer service was not all that great, either, as they should have informed you of this fact.

0 Likes
imbecky

I had a terrible customer service experience also at the West Plains, Mo. Verizon. I went in to upgrade today to find out that my unlimited would now be cut to 2G. I was upset because I didn't realize Verizon was doing this. I was asking if I could atleast get 4G for my old price. Another worker there said, "Would you like me to sing you a song and dance?" Really, Verizon! All of the money you are taking and you're reducing services and this is the response I get? I think you can do better than this.

0 Likes
Nicklong04

Why would say that?  What do you know that we don't?

I've never had a bad experience, ever, with Verizon.  In fact, I constantly tell people that I am willing to pay a little extra, just because of the amazing customer service. 

0 Likes
Nicklong04

Sounds like that West Plains, MO store needs an upgrade.

0 Likes
stystream101

Good for you!  I'm cancelling mine because I could no longer afford it.  The service was good for.  I have no complaints about the status of calls I  made.  BUT, I have to say ATT is cheaper. I actually talked with a verizon customer and she said that verizon is expensive.  I would stick the next 11 months out but I can't afford it.  So, don't be rude

0 Likes
stystream101

Why would you say that?

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

It is weird to hear you say that, I have a rep an my local make sarcastic remarks to me. You need to send an email to Verizon corporate customer care, you can do it from this website, tell the all the details, including names if you caught/remember them. I guess they send a form report of a customer complaint to that store. If it was not a CORPORATE (important word) store, they were not Verizon employees and Verizon can do nothing about it.

0 Likes