Horrible reception in the last few months
Nukeproof2022
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over last few months our cell coverage has been horrible, dropped calls, bad reception, etc,.  This happens indoors and outside.  We've had Verizon for over 10 years, and have lived in the same area.  Our coverage has never been this bad.  My wife works at the hospital, and has missed important calls.  This can't happen, and why we originaly moved from Sprint.  We are thinking of changing wireless providers.

Re: Horrible reception in the last few months
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want our customers to have the reliable service they deserve. To see that you’re having issues is disappointing. Let’s check out what’s going on and see how we can help. May we have the city, state and zip code to where you are having these concerns? 

-Nicci

0 Likes
TimeWillTell2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are having the same problem and it has been ongoing and getting worse since about October 2021. We just recently updated our iPhones to the new 13 Pro (March 7, 2022) but we continue to have horrible reception. We are along the Florida Treasure Coast with most of our travel between Melbourne and Port St. Lucie along the I95 Corridor. But the heck of it is, there are several cell towers all around us (in our neighborhood) and we still have this kind of service. I've been with Verizon almost since their inception and we have never had such poor service. I am within the window for returning my iPhone if things do not improve soon, I'll be taking steps to switch. Note: People (several of my neighbors) are using AT&T and are NOT having this issue. Hopeful for consistently improved service soon.    

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are terribly sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with your service. We have had some network issues in Florida, which are still ongoing. However, rest assured that our engineers are working diligently on getting them resolved as quickly as possible. ~Ivone

0 Likes
guitargain
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am glad to hear that.  I too have had issues in my area and called cs and spoke to someone in the tech department, she said that she could see some issues in my area, they did a ticket on it and after less than a week I got a response saying they had checked into it and there were no issues in my area dn the speeds were acceptable.  If it doesn't get any better I may be forced to switch carriers again.  This is the exact reason I left AT&T and came to Verizon and maybe I will try T-Mobile next.

0 Likes
dflintstud1
Enthusiast - Level 2

They won't tell you, but I've experienced the same issue and after 20 years using the same tower I have no service 2.6 miles from the  tower.. The folks at the V store basically told me to find a new provider, so much for customer service, but I also found out the reason for no service after 20 years of using the same tower.. Jackwagons are modifying their towers for 5g and which dumps your service.  I'm moving to ATT network using one of their pay as you go carriers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely appreciate your loyalty to us of 20 years, and want to do all we can to make sure your service is offering the best connection possible. Have you reached out to us to have a network ticket submitted? If not, please send us a Private Message, and we would be more than happy to work with you on this. 

*Alfredo

0 Likes
dflintstud1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are several tickets submitted over the last 4~5 months.  Still no service in the house, 2.6 miles from the tower which I've used for close to 20 years.  It's your tower and what they are doing for 5g according to the unprofessional V store help in Benton Harbor MI who told me to find another provider.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting me know those details. We would never want you to receive any unprofessional treatment when reaching out to us in store, on the phone, or through any other method. With our 5G rolling out nationwide, we have had to retire our 3G network to make room. However, this would only affect any devices that use 3G service, and would not affect any 4G, or 5G devices. Please send us a Private Message, and we would be more than happy to help look into a solution for you. 

*Alfredo

0 Likes
daveatherton
Enthusiast - Level 1

Memphis TN in 38104 - particularly at my home address - vert poor signal and dropping calls on a regular basis - not why I have Verizon.