Hotspot Suddenly Not Working
CARJSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to use my Hotspot on Jan 20 and received this message "error has occurred when activating this functionality please try again later".  I have tried every day since then and it is still not working. I have called customer support and tried everything that was suggested, just short of a factory reset which I am not going to do.  I have never had this problem before.  I was in the same location that I have used it successfully in the past. I pay extra to have this feature on my plan.  I know this has been a problem in the past with Verizon per other chat threads.  Has anyone had any success in having the issue fixed?  I need to have this to work when I am away from WiFi.  I don't want to change carriers, we have been customers for over 13 years, but without this function, I will have to look elsewhere for a carrier that can meet my needs.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hotspot Suddenly Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rap4000, we want to ensure you can use your hotspot as needed. We have worked with LG regarding the hotspot matter impacting LG devices and it has been resolved. Are you still having an issue accessing the hotspot on your LG K8?

-Ebony

View solution in original post

Brian_U
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. I started getting the error intermittently during the past few weeks, but it would work after a few attempts. However, since 1/20/22 I cannot get past the error. Hotspot, Bluetooth, and USB tethering will not activate.

Bob7262
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues here mate, both my phone and my mother's tethering died at the same time as around yours did.

Been trying to gut Verizon apps to see if it fixes it but no luck as of yet, still waiting to hear back from the call centers.

Sadukhan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same for me on LG V40 thinQ.

No USB, Bluetooth,Hotspot tethering. Won't turn on. Started 1/23/22.

JayPA5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to add some additional information...and agony. 😂

I was on the phone Saturday (1/22/22) for nearly 90 mins with tech support (2nd Trier) with Mike (a very helpful person). This was after spending an hour with 2 'cust service' reps on 1/21, where we did everything from resetting network, to power off/on phone, to checking that Wi-Fi was off and mobile data was on, etc.

I have an LGK20 with software VS5011DB that was last updated in Sept 2020. He reset the network from his end, verified my account was good for 25G of Hot Spot tethering, canceled that feature and reset it, re sync'ed the phone, had me reset the network and then reset the phone. Nothing helped. Then he noted that many others were having a similar problem starting on 1/20/22, so he filed an engineering ticket for me - [Edited for Privacy]. I got 2 SMS messages yesterday - one said that the issue was nearly complete/resolved, and that I'd get a call from tech support in the next 24 hours (no call and only 55 mins left till 24 hours is up). A 2nd message said the issue was closed and provided a link to a solution (it said the Verizon network was fine but it was an issue with the device (meaning my LG phone). That link DID NOT provide any help on this tethering issue. It was about HD voice calling?! So still waiting for a call and a resolution, but now have lost at least 3 days of a feature I am paying for.

rap400
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a VERIZON issue - mobile hotspot doesn't work with my lg k8 but does with my droid turbo 2.

CARJSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is your droid turbo 2 with Verizon as well?

0 Likes
CARJSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh no - I was really hoping that if I called them again and asked them to cancel the hotspot feature and reset it that would fix it!   I have no basis for this, but this happened about the same time that Verizon and AT&T turned on their C-band 5G networks - wonder if that switchover could have anything to do with it?

Bob7262
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was a solution before but I don't think that is working this time around, and I remember reading something about how plane flights were being cancelled because of the 5G rollouts for some reason, it may just be coincidence on my end but you may be onto something.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARJSR-

We want to make sure your Mobile Hotspot is working as it should. Please respond to my Private Note to further assist.

-Angie

0 Likes