Re: Hotspot Suddenly Not Working
JayPA5
Enthusiast - Level 3

How about a call back from  tier 2 tech support for ticket [Edited for Privacy] from Saturday? Mike promised me this! 

BTW: Going along with my previous post, we also booted the LG phone in Safe-Mode to eliminate any apps on the phone getting in the way of tethering. Hot spot still down today, 1/25/22! 😞

Brian_U
Enthusiast - Level 2

About an hour ago I was able to activate Hotspot on my phone for the first time in over 5 days. But within a few minutes it died and I got the error message again. Kept trying and successfully got it working again. So it looks like some progress is being made.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's vital for you to get your hotspot. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
JayPA5
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you send a private note to get help on this hot spot issue?

As I posted a few days ago,  I have the same issue which started 1/20/22 (at least that was when I last tried it), with the annoying message: "!" Tethering. An error has occurred when activating this functionality. Please try again later. (Been trying since last week after hours with cust service, and then 2 more hours with 2nd Tier tech support. Got SMS messages saying they were close to a resolution and would call me back. No call back. They gave me this number to call with my ticket # but when I call it tells me it is internal only: 1-866-221-4096. So it takes you back to 1st tier cust support and I was on hold for 10 mins and finally hung up! What is going on verizon?

The next SMS I got says my ticket has been resolved and they send a link for more info, about soe HD voice setting which does not address this issue at all from what I can see.

I have an LGK20 and a Samsung phone with the same plans. They have not been converted to the new 5G plans yet. LG phone Hot Spot fails, while Samsung phone HS works fine. I also have a spare LG phone, put the SIM card in that phone and had the same issue, so not the hardware of one LG phone vs. the other.

I did notice that my new billing cycle started on the same day this all started but not sure that has any bearing on it. On top of this my imap connection to aol for verizon mail stopped working on all my devices today (1/25/22), so now forced to use AOL webmail!

0 Likes
JayPA5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good News! Just tried this morning around 6:30 AM eastern and Hot Spot tethering is working on our LG phone again!

CARJSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried it too and it is working!  I hope it stays, I am an accountant and this is tax season!!!  Thanks Verizon!  Anyone know what the problem was?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rap4000, we want to ensure you can use your hotspot as needed. We have worked with LG regarding the hotspot matter impacting LG devices and it has been resolved. Are you still having an issue accessing the hotspot on your LG K8?

-Ebony

Bob7262
Enthusiast - Level 2

After about an hour and a half phone call where the mate turned off and on my hotspot on my data plan yesterday and I got my hotspot working around the same time one of y'all said you got yours working at around 5pm or so.

Not sure if it was the doing of the mate I was talking to or if it was coincidentally timed well but either way I can turn mine on with slight difficulty in the fact if gives me the error the first time then turns on like normal the second every time I have turned it on. 

Just posting this for anyone else who is still waiting or for anyone (and god help you) comes here from the future.

Long story short just ask the mate at Verizon to turn you hotspot off and on on your bill and watch out for extra charges on your bill in case it charges you double.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be happy to look into this for you. I do apologize that no one has called you. This does not sound right at all. Please meet me in a private message. -Amber

0 Likes
rd1981

Check out my post about what we had to do to get mines to work.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Suggestions-for-this-Community/GrandFathered-plan-Got-messed-up-by-...

It's up to you if you want to try this with a customer rep. Read my post to understand what im talking about.

0 Likes