How Do I Stop Phone Scammers From Calling Me?
GALAXY505

I live in Santaquin. I'm getting at least two phone calls a day from scammers with  accents. [Removed] That's not unusual. What is is that all the calls are identified on my phone as being local numbers, sometimes from numbers I know. Different numbers every time, same voice on the other end. Somebody ought to look into this, don't you think.

Thanks

Alan

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone Scammers
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smartphones have Block Lists. If you add a telephone number, and, you receive a subsequent call from that same number, the call goes straight to voice mail without ringing your phone. In that sense, the blocking feature mimics Do Not Disturb.

Outside of that, there is little that can be done other than registering your phone number with the national Do Not Call list. My state has a similar list, and, my phone numbers are registered on that as well.

There are various online sites where people can log Spam caller information to share with others. The three that I actively participate in are 800notes, whocallsme and whitepages.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's called "spoofing" and there isn't much you can do except ignore calls from numbers you don't recognize.  There may be an app out there that will be able to recognize a spoofed number ...

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smartphones have Block Lists. If you add a telephone number, and, you receive a subsequent call from that same number, the call goes straight to voice mail without ringing your phone. In that sense, the blocking feature mimics Do Not Disturb.

Outside of that, there is little that can be done other than registering your phone number with the national Do Not Call list. My state has a similar list, and, my phone numbers are registered on that as well.

There are various online sites where people can log Spam caller information to share with others. The three that I actively participate in are 800notes, whocallsme and whitepages.

chrissy12345

same problem here too except they use a different number EVERY time and all Im doing is blocking a new number everytime and they keep calling!!!! Getting VERY frustrated! Short of changing my number is there anything I can do? I have been registred with the do not call list for 5 yrs and I call in the FTC and fill a report out on EVERY phone call I receieve, but to no avail!!! HELP PLEASE! All Im doing is reporting the numbers but still receiving about 10 a day. When I call the number back Its the same guy that says this is Joe on a recorded line...... etc! same voice, different speel everytime! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scammers and fraudsters worldwide are using third party applications in attempts to contact numbers everywhere. Please review this information and get peace of mind: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/. This is a great tool and will  definiely help with this.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes