Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How are IP addresses assigned for phones?
nbl17

I use the Audacy app on my Galaxy S21 when I go out for walks and like to listen to Philadelphia Phillies games when they are on.  Audacy only allows you to listen to the game if your IP address is located within the DMA (designated market area).

Lately, I've been getting a message when trying to listen to the games from Audacy that I'm not in the Designated Market Area.  Audacy support tells me if you are streaming the game using cellular data there is a chance that the IPv4 IP Address of a cellular data connection might change locations, making it further away from your physical location.

Game streaming is solely based on IP address. They recommend listening to the game via WiFi, as cellular data allocates dynamic IP which obviously isn't possible if I'm walking outdoors.

They further suggested using https://whatismyipaddress.com/  to find the IPv4 address.  I found it to be in York, PA and I'm physically in Delaware.

On a computer, I know that you can RENEW an IP address, what can you do for a phone to try and get a local IP?

Tags (2)
0 Likes