How can I block a NON 10 digit number(11 digits)?
Chuck_IV
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting calls from an 11 digit number, beginning with a 7. I do NOT want to answer it as the country code 7 is Russia and I am afraid if I accidentally answer it I will get some type of charges on my line. I have the number set to auto reject on my phone, but they still leave blank voice mail messages and I keep getting notified of the call via notifications and it's in my call logs.

I tried to put this number in the block list on your website, but it only accepts 10 digit number(Why?).

I DO NOT want to see this number. How can I block it from even getting to my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I block a NON 10 digit number(11 digits)?
rcschnoor
Legend

Answering international calls while in your home area does not incur any additional charges on your bill.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Did you try blocking the last 10 digits?

Chuck_IV
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried blocking the first 10 since when I typed in the first 10 numbers, it showed as a spam number in google, but that didn't work.

This is the number, if anyone cares... 71891729910

It may not be a Russian number but if not, it's an obvious way for spammers to circumvent the blocking methods.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Try the last 10, leave off the 7.

0 Likes
Chuck_IV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I added the last 10 digit number on the website blocking so we shall see(I left the first 10 on there as well.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Did you try blocking the number on your phone? Not the website.

0 Likes
Chuck_IV
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have it set to auto-reject the call on my phone but they can still leave voicemails. So what happens is, they leave 2 or 3 second or in the case last time,45 seconds of silent voicemails and it adds to my call log.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Auto-reject, is that the same as blocking? I thought blocking wouldn't allow voicemail either. Your phone seems to recognize the unwanted call, with the strange number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unknown phone calls can certainly be concerning Chuck_IV. Especially if it's from another country. When did you start receiving these phone calls? If the call is coming from another country, I would recommend not to answer the call. In addition, we do offer a Verizon Family Base that will allow you to block the number. For additional information click, http://vz.to/1xlLDFe

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes