How can I fix slow data and disconnection problems in the SF Bay Area?
terminationshok
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had great service with Verizon until about 2 years ago. I 'upgraded' to 4G and noticed bad service (no bars) and frequent disconnections (4G icon disappears, no data). I went through numerous phone and sim replacements and many 'tickets' were filed with network support. Eventually, I settled on a Samsung S3, which had OK service from last year until this month.

My home in a heavily populated part of San Francisco, 94110, consistently gets no 4G reception. 4G phones try, and fail to maintain any sort of connectivity. 3G only phones work fine.

This month, I am experiencing very slow data which causes apps to crash or hang. The signal is moderate, and the icon for data does not disappear. Under similar conditions last month, I would have a decent connection. I am also dropping calls with moderate to good signal. This happens in many places in the bay. This problem equally affects my 4G S3, and my work phone, a 3G iPhone 4s. I never had problems with 3G phones before this month.

SF

Mission/soma/fillmore/financial district/embarcadero/marina slow-no service

Richmond/golden gate/sunset moderate speed

Alameda - island wide

no data connection at all

South San Jose

slow

Pleasanton

works fine

I have been considering getting an xlte device, but many people are commenting on the same issues with their new xlte devices on these forums and other places. Slow service on all networks makes me suspect that SF Bay Area backhaul is oversubscribed, among other problems. I have 2 lines with bad service. How do I resolve this?

Labels (1)
Re: How can I fix slow data and disconnection problems in the SF Bay Area?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the service problems you've encountered, terminationshok. I'll do all I can to assist you in speeding things up. Do most of the problems occur indoors and outdoors? Have we ever opened a resolution ticket to address any of these problems? Does your phone ever switch to 3G? Please provide me with a few more details and I'll get to work.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
terminationshok
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problems occur in both indoor and outdoor locations. Sometimes it switches to 3g. We have opened many trouble tickets.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for offering these details. Does the performance vary during different times of day? Do you have a previous ticket reference number to investigate prior outcome?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes