How can I get ALL voice mail recordings off my number?
MamaBear2014

We use RingCentral to get simultaneous ring between our home and Verizon cell phone. But what was happening, was that the voice mail on my Verizon cell would pick up before I could get to the home phone, then no one would be there. We were losing clients for our small home business.

So I asked Verizon to take ALL recordings off the cell phone account. Instead, NOW clients are calling, and before I can answer the home phone, they get a recording on my cell, saying that the mailbox is not set up!

I called Verizon tech support today and the guy could NOT remove ALL recordings from my account, he said I had to do it myself, but I don't know HOW! That was why I called THEM!!!

When someone calls us, I JUST want the Verizon wireless to ring FOREVER, unless I answer it, and NOT to go picking up with stupid recordings, before I can get to my home phone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get ALL voice mail recordings off my number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MamaBear2014,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having. In regards to removing the messages from your voicemail on your phone you would have to dial *86 from your cellular device which will route you to the voicemail system and ask you to enter in your password. Once the password has been entered in you can go through and listen and delete the messages.

As for wanting your phone to ring without being routed to a voicemail or receiving a recording that the voicemail box has not been set up, I apologize as we are not able to do that. On cellular devices there is not option to prevent the phone from going to voicemail. The system is set to have an set number of rings and then route to voicemail and this can not be changed. If you would like you can set up call forwarding on your cellular phone which will route your calls to your home system instead of going to voicemail. Check out the details here... http://vz.to/13Jdh5R

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MamaBear2014
0 Likes
MamaBear2014

We don't want to remove the messages, we want to remove the whole voice mail feature! When someone calls, we want it to ring, and nothing else!!!

0 Likes