How can I get a Cell Tower in my area?
Kari1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who do I talk to to get a tower in my town? reception sucks and I want a tower in my town for as much as I'm spending on service and dropping calls.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cell tower in my area.
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Kari1973​, we are always looking for ways to expand our network and we would definitely appreciate you providing us additional information regarding your property. Click on the link to obtain more information regarding Network Real Estate Inquiries and to fill out the Real Estate Inquiry Form Network Real Estate Inquiries | Verizon Wireless .

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One of the VZW reps that roam this community posted a link to the Real Estate contact information for potential tower sites.

As a customer you can check with your local building commission for the requirements and to voice support for a new tower. If there is a plan in the works already add your support for it. Between working through the local requirements and the FCC and leasing or purchasing delays, it can take years to get a new tower approved and built and put into service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Kari1973​, we are always looking for ways to expand our network and we would definitely appreciate you providing us additional information regarding your property. Click on the link to obtain more information regarding Network Real Estate Inquiries and to fill out the Real Estate Inquiry Form Network Real Estate Inquiries | Verizon Wireless .

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
furthmeile2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you tell me what the status is of putting a cell tower in Hanksa, MN or who we could call to check on the status?

Our business just opened a 2nd location there and there is no Verizon service in this town but AT&T works just fine.

Thank you,

Tara

Re: How can I get a Cell Tower in my area?
bearone21
Legend

good luck with that request, you choose to live in a very remote agricultural area?

technotrekker
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are no 3-4 story commercial buildings in our area but there is a community water tower. Would this be a candidate for a cell tower in a poorly covered suburban location???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want the best possible service for you, technotrekker. I'm happy to shed some light on this. As mentioned earlier in this forum, if you own real estate of your own that you would like evaluated, you can go here for consideration: http://spr.ly/66001OCY4

As Ann154 pointed out, checking with your local building commission for the requirements and to voice support for a new tower is certainly another path you might want to take. However, if you are having issues with your service, we are happy to troubleshoot with you, just let us know more about what's going on exactly and where the nearest cross streets and zip code to the location where you are primarily impacted are. Does this help? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
technotrekker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying Ryan. Although the  Verizon (and other provider) coverage maps will say otherwise, the western side of our town (02806) and my whole neighborhood all experience very poor reception (average 1 out of 4 bars, down to 0 out of 4 bars for those who live close to the shore). Some residents have been given free signal boosters, others rely on WiFi calling, but given the harsh winters we shouldn't have to rely on electrical based solutions in power outages/emergencies.  The situation is so bad that I'm going to start a petition to collect details of impacted residents so they can be submitted to the various networks in bulk.  

** Are you able to provide details of the team at Verizon who I would submit these details to? **

0 Likes
technotrekker
Enthusiast - Level 2

As requested, 02806 and nearest cross road is Alfred Drown Rd and 3rd St. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, technotrekker. 

You can submit the information with the Real Estate Form: http://spr.ly/66001OCY4

Do you have home-based internet/WiFi? Being so close to the water, I can see how service can be a challenge. However, WiFi can certainly help for indoor coverage. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes