How can I get a tower located on my property?
RICMAR58

I reside in a low coverage area. The nearest towers are located approximately 15 miles north and 20 miles south of my property. How do I find out about locating a tower on my property?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get a tower located on my property?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The best option is to use a network extender or WiFi calling. Both require a high speed broadband internet connection. The network extender does not require a WiFi router but WiFi calling does.

0 Likes
RICMAR58

Thanks for your response.  I already have a network extender.  Due to the impact of geography and our rural location (5 miles from town center) we do not have any access to 'high speed' internet.   Our best option is max 3Mbps. Our coverage is so bad that I must have a throw-away "burner phone" if we lose power, the 'Net goes out, or to make important calls from our home! The construction of a tower in the vicinity would greatly increase the opportunity for Verizon to increase its local base (the other large local competitor is AT&T) and would obviously benefit me and my family by giving us access to a reliable service provider.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon already knows about your lack of coverage. If they could they would have every inch on of the map covered. However, your local government is blocking them for some reason. Reach out to the township that you live in to ask them to allow Verizon to install a tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RICMAR58, we appreciate your continued loyalty to Verizon. We certainly wouldn't want to see you leave our wireless family. We know that staying connected is important and that this may not always be easy in a rural area. May we ask what zip code you're located in? How long have you had trouble with the signal in this area? Are there other Verizon customers in town that are having the same issue?

It sounds like you're interested in having a tower established on your property. You can learn more about the qualifications here: http://vz.to/2qg8JRc

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RICMAR58

Samantha,

We have had a problem since we began our association with Verizon wireless.  The geography of our region is unique for Florida.  In this lake region many homes are constructed on  the shores of the lakes.  In our case, our home is about 15 feet below the level of the road. This situation leads to having the signal pass over our property.  It is typical for me to have to drive 5-8 minutes away from our property to gain a steady signal.

Also, the qualification link  you sent defaulted to an error page.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Rich 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link worked for me. Network Real Estate Inquiries | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RICMAR58

Here is the response I get when I click the link.

Rich [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you had attached an image to your email reply, it was not posted to the community forum. You need to sign into the community forum directly and post the images to the thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies. The location of this form has been relocated. In the meantime while it is going through this process. You can try some of these options to help with signal strength: http://vz.to/2fPdFHr

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes