How can I report a poor cell signal?
Sickofpickingscreenna
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be great if Verizon provided an app or utility to report areas with poor service. The area with poor service is a commercial/industrial area very near to a major resort town.  Hundreds of people work in the near vicinity.  We're just in the shadow of a hill that is in between us and the nearest cell tower.  I've tried calling customer service several times over the course of several years to resolve this and received suggestions such as "Turn on advanced calling."  I'm sorry, but advanced calling won't build cellular towers.  My most recent call to CS, the agent offered to transfer me to a 'tier 2' representative, but then hung up on me instead  Smiley Sad.

Labels (1)
Re: How can I report a poor cell signal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is an awesome idea. We appreciate your ideas and feedback. It is important to have the best possible service where you need it the most. We never want our coverage to be a mystery. We can definitely check the area further. What’s the zip code in that area? What happens when you use the phone in this area? How many bars of signal do you see? Is this indoors and outdoors?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sickofpickingscreenna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Danielle, Thanks for the reply.

Zip Code 80487

Nearby address would be [Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Phone symptoms- dropped calls, delayed delivery of voicemails and txts, Inability to place or receive calls.

1 to 2 bars of service (1x at -105dB, 4G at -121dB)

The numbers above are from outdoors.  Phone is generally completely unusable indoors.  I can sometimes use it indoors, if I lean my head up against the window and say, "Can you hear me now?"  (They cannot.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sickofpickingscreennames,
We want everyone to be able to hear you now. I took a look into the area and it does appear to have coverage. I’m semi-familiar with Colorado areas, but not super sure, are you up in the mountains? Terrain can certainly cause some hassle with cell signal. When did this start happening? Also, what make/model phone do you have?

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sickofpickingscreenna
Enthusiast - Level 2

As stated in my original post, yes there is a hill that blocks service from a nearby tower.

This problem has always been present.  There has never been adequate service in this area.

Motorola Droid Turbo

No doubt that mountains can cause trouble with cellular network and radio propagation, but this is a busy commercial area and verizon has neglected it for more than a decade.  Imagine all the service professionals who come to this part of town (plumbers, electricians, contractors, etc- all the big supply houses are located here) dropping their customer's calls, cursing their phones and carrier.  It's unacceptable.  This isn't exactly the boondocks- it's the biggest city in northwest Colorado.  Sorry, I'm beyond frustrated.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand where you are coming from. I have done some research into your service area with the address provided. I have also sent you a private message here in our forums so I can look over your account. Once you reply to that we can go from there
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ken000
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems as if Verizon coverage area is not what it used to be. I'm getting more dropped calls now and poor to no signal in some areas where I was able to make calls and received text messages with no issues. Area of problems is in Torrance, CA 90501. I used to get 3 bars now only 0 to 1. On a good day 2 bars

#VerizonPoorReception

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ken000, we strive to provide the best possible signal at all times, so we're right here to do all we can to help you! There are not any reported network issues in your area at this time. Do you by chance know any other Verizon Wireless users with the same trouble in your area? Does this problem happen when you're mostly indoors, outdoors or both?  -Alicia

0 Likes
Cl1nt0n
Enthusiast - Level 1

Area code 38028

Eads, Tn

Signal:  sos-1 bar. iPhone 14. 

what’s funny is we signed up with their coverage map showing great lte signal. Now stuck with them and they won’t do anything after many, many calls. Gave up. Wish I had att back, or anyone else!

Cl1nt0n
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ll join in on reporting horrible service.  

Area code 38028

Eads, Tn

Signal:  sos-1 bar. iPhone 14. 

what’s funny is we signed up with their coverage map showing great lte signal. Couldn’t be farther from the truth. We weren’t expecting 5g here but better than 1 bar at best of lte.

No progress after multiple calls to cs. really miss att!

Tags (2)