How can I uninstall Wi-Fi Calling?
c_davis666
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I uninstall Wi-Fi Calling from my Galaxy S6?  My cellular network connectivity has been screwed up ever since I installed Wi-Fi Calling.  It doesn't matter that Wi-Fi Calling is turned off.  When I lose the cellular network connection the only solution is to power cycle the phone.  (I should know by now to not install Version One-dot-oh-s**t software.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I uninstall Wi-Fi Calling?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try turning off HD Voice on the phone all together from the same place where your Wi-Fi calling settings are found. Failing that try removing the "Advanced Calling" feature from your line through the MyVerizon site/app.

Otherwise, there's no "uninstalling" the feature, being it's baked to the OS. The OS can probably be downgraded, but that will void the phone's warranty if it bricks, and the mandatory update will eventually install itself.

0 Likes
Re: How can I uninstall Wi-Fi Calling?
c_davis666
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reminder about removing Advanced Calling from the line.  I'm not hopeful (since, as you point out, Wi-Fi Calling is now baked into the OS), but I'll give it a shot.  I had already turned off HD Voice.  Probably another VZW Catch-22.

For anybody else who might Google up this thread, a quick "2x4 upside the head" to restore the VZW network connection is to turn Airplane Mode on and then off.

0 Likes