Re: How can Verizon be ok with stealing from their customers?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, I see you can copy and paste from a dictionary.

The problem is your idea of what Verizon is selling. Verizon isn't selling a pool of data for you to use regardless of how long it takes you to use it. IF that were what Verizon was selling, you MAY have had a case for CLAIMING they STOLE your leftover data.

What Verizon is selling, though, is a pool of data with an expiration date for its use. It is more like a lease than a purchase. When you lease an apartment, you use it for the term of the lease. If you fail to use ALL rooms in the apartment during the term of your lease, you don't get to stay in that apartment until you have used all of the rooms, even after your lease is over. Just because you THINK you are purchasing that data without an expiration date does not make it so.

The data is AVAILABLE for use during the month for which you are paying. Whether or not you use that data is completely up to you.

You may want to look into a service such as Project Fi by Google. You pay for a certain amount of data. If you do not use it they refund thd portion of your monthly data charge proportional to the amount of data you did not use. Currently, their data price is $10/GB. You end up paying MORE for the data but only pay for what you use. With Verizon's setup, you pay less for the data but do pay for a specific amount regardless of how much you use. There is a break even point and whether or not it is for you is a choice you have to make.

For example: I pay $100 for 15 GB of data whether or not I use that much on my Verizon plan. On Project Fi, I would pay $150 if I used 15 GB of data. Anything OVER 10 GB of data would be cheaper with Verizon regardless how much I lost at the end of the month. Anything under 10 GB would be cheaper on Project Fi. BOTH accounting systems have their pluses and minuses. YOU have to make the choice which is better for you.

It is NOT stealing with the accounting method Verizon uses. They charge less/GB because you agree to pay for a set amount. Project Fi charges more/GB but you only pay for what you use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see that there have been several excellent explanations & analogies given here http://spr.ly/6586BTbZK
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
weebz21

REAAALLLLYYY??? Then explain this...

We were on a 10 -12 gig plan for wireless hot spot for internet service. It worked flawlessly for 7 years. Nothing changed in what were doing, all of a sudden we start running out of data. we increase, 6 months latter, we run out, we increase, we run out. Now up to two devices with 45 gigs between them and we ...RUN OUT!!! This is garbage!!!!! We have had a V rep out here and he cant tell us why we are bleeding data at 2:00 in the am on both devices, even when our two work computers are turned of, which are wired, the wireless option in these routers is disabled!!!! I have been suspect of this for a while. So I did this search this morning "why is verizon stealing my data?" and I found this page and countless others. Here is a picture of our 2:00 am very close to 1 full gig of stolen data, NO computers on, wireless option disabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxgpqwrz7ie9ih6/20200225_081612.jpg?dl=0

0 Likes
mariathiefs
Enthusiast - Level 1

thiefs ,they offer me the free phones and they been increasing my bill every month i was force to cancel 3 lines because the phones are not for free ,they said i will get credit and thats how they become free but now i been force to paid 179 for each phoen that we not even use,i have proof of all the garbage they do in the account and how they manipulate your account in order to charge you more,they make me sick..

0 Likes
mariathiefs
Enthusiast - Level 1

exact they dont tell you the true so you thinking they honest but in reality they are thiefs,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want there to be any confusion or bad feelings, mariathiefs. That is not the experience we want for you. We're happy to help out. If you would like to share more specifics about your concern, please check the Private Note we have sent so we can best help out. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes