How can Verizon justify charging someone for a device that is stolen and deactivated? I need some answers. I'm getting charged $45 a month for a stolen, unused phone!!
Momma47
0 Likes
Re: How can Verizon justify charging someone for a device that is stolen and deactivated? I need some answers. I'm getting charged $45 a month for a stolen, unused phone!!
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What is the $45 charge for?

0 Likes
Re: How can Verizon justify charging someone for a device that is stolen and deactivated? I need some answers. I'm getting charged $45 a month for a stolen, unused phone!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It really doesn't matte what the charge is for. If you are under a contract or an payment agreement you are bound by the terms. You bought the device and you agreed to pay all charges until said agreement/contract is completed. This is how Verizon can continue you to charge you. The responsibility to protect the phone from theft is yours. This is why insurance is available. The phone gets stolen, you call the insurance company, submit the deductible and you get a replacement device. If you don't have insurance it is not Verizon's responsibility to take care of it for you.

I am sorry to hear that your phone was stolen and I sure hope that you didn't incur any bodily harm in the process but it is still ultimately your responsibility for protecting your device.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The reason I asked is because line access fees are $40 on a 2 year contract, so the charge should only be $40 (on top of the data portion as well.)

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Possible it could be $20 and $25 for the device or $15 and $30 for the device or $25 and $20 for the device. It could also be the old 1GB plan that was $60 but on Edge was discounted to $45 and the OP didn't let us know what the device charge is. In either case, it is still the OP's responsibility to make sure that their device is looked after so that they aren't stuck paying an agreement of a lost or stolen device.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Which is why I asked what the $45 charge was for. I was also thinking familybase is $5 a month and without a phone to monitor from they may choose to cancel it - though I've never used it and imagine you may monitor it online. I wasn't expecting to get them out of paying the $45, a contract is a contract, but verifying they are being charged correctly or helping decrease that $45 seemed helpful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Momma47,

Oh my! This is certainly concerning to hear that you’re having an unexpected charge on your bill. We’re so glad that you have reached out to us here, because help is our middle name. First & foremost, we regret to hear that your phone was stolen. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed detailed information so that we can get to the bottom of this $45.00 charge. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes