How can a company be so bad...
ghgross
Enthusiast - Level 2

Laffable Saga, I purchase a single device data only plan in January at an RV rally. The plan was supposed to be an unlimited data only plan for $60 a month. No charge for the MiFi Jetpack by signing up for 2 years. Ok, go d to go right? WRONG!

Keep in mind I purchaseed at an RV rally. IE. not home.... Anyway, a few weeks goes by and service practically dies as in throttled down. Time to setup and access the MyAccoun web site. I go through compltete all the info and it turns outthat there is no way I can get the temporary access code via email, text or any way other than snail mail to my billing address.. Remember RV show, not home, blah blah blah. Several calls to Customer service and no help. 

Ok, a month has gone by and I get an email stating an amount due on the account that appears high but could be possibledue to all the first time one time fees. I again try to get some access or details about the bill and customer service again will not send me anything via email or text. Just snail mail to my home address. I informaed them that I would not be back to that address for more than a year but it made no difference... Policy I was told.

I finally found a mailing address to send payment to and did so referenceing the phone number associated to the account so I did as I could not get the actual account number, it was sent to my billing(home) address.. However, I was still concerned and found an electronic way to pay and did so again against the phone number.

Finally, I get to an area near a Verizon Corporate store and I went there to try and get this resolved. Turns out what I was signed up with was not an unlimited plan nor was it $60 a month. Significantly more, I dont remember how much now, and the unlimited was only for the first 20GB. To the stores credit they were able to confirm that a Verizon employee and not a contractor sold me this bill of goods and they agreed to convert it to a prepaid account and I in turn purchased and added a phone to the prepaid account and paid or all devices, fee and charges to start  fresh. Not a small amount. I leave feeling somewhat vedicated.

A month goes by and I get a bill notice for the post paid data only accopunt that was supposed to be closed and fully paid for. I call customer service and spent a great deal of time trying to get them to understand what had transpired and that the Jetpack I had on my prepqaid account waws in fact the Jetpack and data service that I was getting billed for. After and excess of an hour I think this call was left that they understood and only had to confirm with the store to get this corrected. I was somewhat sceptical but hopeful.

Another month goes by and I get a past due notice on the old closed account. I'm losing my temper. Called customer service and spend again an excess of time explaining all that had transpired kn owing all along that they had to have records of the previous encounters. Finally, the rep acknowledged that I had called to get this corrected previously and told methat she would credit the oustandiong amount and all would be resolve. Now I feel vedicated and relieved.

Another month or so goes by and I get yet another bill, much less than the previous one but a bill on the closed account yet again. Now I have lost my patioence and just ingnore it hoping that this would resolve itself. Yeah, right.

Now I get a collectlion letter on the less than $20 they billed me for last. Irrate? Yes!

I call customer service, go through the explanation, and after much time just rying to get them to understand I am told that they need to get someone else on from collections or finance to resolve the issue and I get puton hold. The rep comes back on twice asking for my patioence while we wait for a person to answer. Suddenly some one picks up and is oblivious. It is another CS Rep as if I had just call in.

I am losing it but go through the same process with this person. They tell me they will stay on the line until we get an answer from financce. Two hours in now and low and behold another CS Rep answers as if I had just call in.

I am losing it but calm myself down, go through the pocess again with this 3rd rep. He also needs to put me on hold to bring in another person. Finally the rep comes back and tells me he will call me back when he can contact the right rep. The excuse is the Iphone launch. New ignorant customer vs irate existing customer.

Been over an hour now and no call back. Guess I have to contact a lawyer to get any satisfaction. I know its less that $20 but thats this time. What will it be next time or for the next person. No room in this world for this inept behavoir.

Re: How can a company be so bad...
bearone21
Legend

you thought you were saving money at the rally & now expect verizon to make whatever bag of goods you bought right?

0 Likes
ghgross
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what you mean, Ido espect Verizon to do the right thing. I know honest business is an old fasioned ideal but someone there should have some self respect. I happen to be on hold with them again today as they never did call back. 30 miniutes so far.

ghgross
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update, surprise, they never called back. Called them again today. Spent an hour on hold before getting someone that infromed me that the account was written off and there was nothing they could do. After I lost my temper this person said she would transfer me to the account recovery department and also gaveme a "direct number" so I would not have to go through the hassal she said. An automated call system call and asked me to confirm my ssn#. The system then proceeded to inform me that the account had been turn over to collections and that any question should be directed to them. Count to 10... I then call the "Direct" number she gave me and it turns out to be just another number for customer service and there automated system. This is a pretty blatent lie in my book.

Ok, so I called the collection agency and the only thing they can do is notify Verizon that the charge is disputed.

A few deep breaths and I am now back on hold ith verizon's customer service. I guess I just like punishment.

0 Likes
ghgross
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully a final update...

I got a customer service person this time that truly wanted to get my issue corrected and stayed on the line until she wasw satisfied that I was going to be taken care of. 

This last person from the "Recovery" department, after some review and deliberation, agree to crroect the problem and send me what she called a zero balance letter. Also that the collection and report agency issues would be corrected and noted on the letter. Said she, could not email me the letter which was my very first issue with Verizon back in March.

So be it, I am causiously optomistic.

Does anyone actually read these?

Moises1

I totally understand - We went to upgrade our phones on 9/15/19 and today is 9/23/19 and still no phones. We went to another reseller and they stated that the order was not even sent. I called - the agents gave me the run around and asked me to call a Mr. Johnson at another location. When I did he wasn't there, then I called again and only got music. I also upset, since they sold us an older phone that is more expensive and did tell us we can get it for $100 less online. The reseller is called the Verizon Authorized retailer - GoWireless at the Valrico Commons at 1985 FL-60-, Valrico, Fl 33594

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Moises1 This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We would expect our Vendor Partners to provide you with the same experience our Corporate Store would. Please know that you can return your device. We would be happy to help turn this experience around for you.

We will definitely provide feedback to the GoWireless at Valrico Commons. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
ghgross
Enthusiast - Level 2

This response is a prime example of the problem. You obviously did not even read the full rant. This has nothing to do with you partners, all was direct corporate contact.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ghgross wrote:

This response is a prime example of the problem. You obviously did not even read the full rant. This has nothing to do with you partners, all was direct corporate contact.

The VZW rep was responding only to another community member's post in this thread and not your original post. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes