How can long time loyal customers get new line deals?
BRIELL86

I’m a little upset with Verizon’s promotions. On thanksgiving I was trying to get the $400 trade in credit for 3 phones and the deal expired 10 pm my time and I lost out. We are trying to upgrade 2 maybe 3 phones and all of the promotions are for adding a line. It doesn’t seem fair for a long time customer to have 5 lines just to get a good deal with a company I’ve been with for many years. I feel like I should switch carriers just to get a good deal on new phones. 

0 Likes
Re: How can long time loyal customers get new line deals?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry that you missed out on the promotional offer provided. I would be concerns if this were an issue for me as well. Getting the best options for upgrades during the holiday season is always a great way to get a new phone. With regard to our offers there are many options that you may qualify for as well. What device were you looking for? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
EEM347

Ditto!  I have been with Verizon 15 years.  I asked a customer service rep yesterday if merging accounts with other family members and switching to the unlimited plan would count as new lines.  They said it would technically be a transfer, but that they could work it to make it look like 2 new lines instead.  Well, talked to someone else today and despite having the ticket number where the first one documented this AND the transcript of that conversation I was told that was incorrect.  I was repeatedly encouraged to add a new line to qualify for a BOGO deal.  I don't need another line...so that's not helpful at all.  I've really learned that staying as a long time customer isn't worth it anymore.  Why in the world would I stay and not qualify for promos when I could go elsewhere?  Thankfully my phone is paid for and I can easily jump ship.  The customer service rep didn't seem concerned in the least that I said that was my plan and kept asking, "How can I turn this around for you?" I felt like I was talking to a brick wall.  Turn it around by not treating long time customers like dirt.  So frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EEM347, loyalty like yours truly is hard to come by. We are saddened to hear that you are considering a switch. While the Buy One Get One offers do require a new line, not only with Verizon Wireless but also other carriers, there are often times that there are sales that do not have this requirement. For example, on Thanksgiving we have a promotion that increased phone Trade-In value to $400.00. If you were upgrading two devices and trading in two phones, you would have seen a value back of $800.00 for those trades saving $800.00 on the upgrades which is comparable to the Buy One Get One, without needing a new line. Cyber Monday had a great upgrade offer with the LG Stylo 5 free. There are times that we will have account specific offers available for you. These may be viewed by signing in to My Verizon, hovering over Account, selecting Notifications and then clicking the View My Offers link. Also, as a current customer, an additional great way to save is with the Verizon Up Rewards. I love to use mine to save up the Device Dollars. As these dollars may be saved for up to 24 months, this can really add savings to that next purchase.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes