Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HOW DO I BLOCK PRIVATE CALLS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to subscribe to the Family Base feature to have the ability to block private and unknown phone numbers. There is a monthly fee for the feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to subscribe to the Family Base feature to have the ability to block private and unknown phone numbers. There is a monthly fee for the feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ahimalayan

no you do not have to belong to a family plan. every subscriber is intitled to five (5) blocked call numbers that stay in effect for approx three months and may then be reactivated or reset at any time.

0 Likes
slLaw

Yes, but the question is PRIVATE calls.

0 Likes
dontbescared
Enthusiast - Level 2

Think that ahimalayan has the best route for blocking.

You can go into your verizon drop down windows and find block calls.

You will need to manually type in the number you want blocked,

As far as a private number not sure that would matter, unless no caller ID number is coming through ?

I was getting some calls from somebody? and just put the number on my block calls list.

You will need to update every so often your list

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I've been using an app called Mr. Number for about 7 years.  It gives you the option to send private numbers, blocked numbers, spam, specific area codes, everyone but certain numbers,  and specific folks to 1)voice mail or to 2) it auto hangs up on them so they can't leave a vm. It also blocks their texts.

Many new Android phones come with the blocking feature in the phone settings.  But it will only send calls to voice mail.  If you don't even want to know they called use Mr. Number. I give that app 4 stars (it used be 5 stars when it also had to great caller id)   Not sure what phone you have but Mr Number is available on multiple platforms.