Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: How do I cancel Total Equipment Coverage?
birnafact

The TEC is a joke!... I'm an insurance producer for (deleted content as per VZW ToS..marketing is not permitted) and i have my Samsung Charge insured on (deleted). You do the math. The biggest kicker is that (deleted content) covers any and all damage, lost, stolen.... EVEN WATER DAMAGE!!! Along with NO DEDUCTIBLE!! Tell Verizon to take a walk with their (deleted content). If you want insurance call a real insurance provider.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
v2k84

I too have spent plenty of valuable online time trying to cancel TEC on one of our phones. The kicker is that the TEC was just added randomly to the lowest value phone on our list.....a free flip phone!!! Good thing I decided to scour through my online account to see if everything is legit. It wasn't. Now I have to waste more time on the phone.....

0 Likes
mattwmc

Yeah, it's real shady that you can't cancel this online. Real shady.

So I called customer service to cancel, spoke my intention of doing so into the automated response, they said they are receiving a high volume of calls, then transferred me -- and then said to call back during regular hours and disconnected.

<< Profanity removed >>

Can't wait to go to t-mobile when my contract is up. 30 bucks cheaper, too.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Dpc0156

You should have bought your phone at best buy.  They charge same rate on their credit card but you can walk in any store and have your phone replaced... Immediately  that day!  and guess what NO DEDUCTIBLE..... and its not a repaired device.  its NEW!

0 Likes