How do I cancel my contract?
LouisianaSusan

Hello,

I have an iPhone 5 and my contract expires Nov 4 of this year.  I am being transferred with work to Belgium in May for 3 years.  I need to do something about my phone and the contract.  Can I switch to a Verizon in Europe do a different plan?  Or get out of what's left of my contract?  HELP!

Susan (@pghsusan)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving to Belgium in May - how can I cancel contract?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your work transfer LouisianaSusan! Unfortunately we do not have local network in Belgium and you cannot transfer your service. As indicated by budone (thanks!), you can cancel and pay the applicable early termination fee or, you can transfer your Verizon Wireless account to anyone via an Assumption of Liability (AOL). Please visit this link http://vz.to/187wQRK for an explanation of the AOL process.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You would need to cancel your account and pay an ETF, Or maybe a CLOSE friend or family member may be willing to take the account and pay for the remaining months, if you can trust them..

Verizon is not in Belgium, so transferring the account there is not an option.

Another , option, if it is less expensive than an ETF is to cut your plan back to the minimum and suspend your account while still being billed monthly. But you would need a US address to do that, I believe

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your work transfer LouisianaSusan! Unfortunately we do not have local network in Belgium and you cannot transfer your service. As indicated by budone (thanks!), you can cancel and pay the applicable early termination fee or, you can transfer your Verizon Wireless account to anyone via an Assumption of Liability (AOL). Please visit this link http://vz.to/187wQRK for an explanation of the AOL process.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
LouisianaSusan

Thank you both for the feedback - much appreciated!

Susan

0 Likes