How do I file a complaint regarding the customer service I received that encouraged me to risk others safety or go without service
DSMITHS

I am in Canada and my service has become sporadic (it does not receive all messages and often I cannot make cals or receive them); I am in a major city.  After an hour online with a representative, he said that I would need to reconnect to the US cell towers.  I informed him that I could not due to trave restrictions.  He said he would try to rest or change something on my account and that I would need to have a sim card sent to a US address and have them do something to the card before sending it back to me.  I noticed that service did not get better, my account fees have skyrocketed for next month and the sim card was received but I dont know what needs to be done to it.  I contacted the verizon online representative about 3 issue:  I am being charged for services that I cannot use; my account has high charges for next month, I dont know what needs to be done to the sim card before it is sent back up.  The representative ( I saved copies of the message exchange) told me they could not help and told me to call a number to service people internationally.  I told the rep that I could not as my phone would not work and that I was serving a 14 day quarantine period and could not leave by law.  The representative told me to see if I could go and borrow someones phone to make the call.  The representative was unwilling to or unable to provide any assistance  any of the three issues as they said it was not their department.  So I am frustrated that I am unable to use my phone that I am paying for; am being charged for changes that I do not know what they are and cannot use and have a sim card that may solve the problem in the US but do not know what needs to be done to it before it is sent to me.  The VERIZON represntative seemed to think that I should break the law and leave my house and as they stated "You may use other phone or number to call them such as Pay phone, hotel phone, Canada phone. It is a toll free number".  So VERIZON pretty much tells me to break the law and risk others safety  to call them or do without.

What can a person do when they cannot call and using the online chat representative offers no assistance.  I am beyond frustrated with VERIZON.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your experience is too important to us for this to go unnoticed. From the details shared, with a new SIM sent, that SIM must be activated before it's sent to Canada. Is there a phone in the United States that can activate this SIM with your 10-digit mobile number? Activating the SIM would render your phone you use now to be unable to send and receive texts during the travel time it takes to arrive in Canada and be put in your phone.

Also to trace the line of steps thus far, what is the make and model of your phone? 

DavidH_VZW

Re: .
DSMITHS

I use a samsung galaxy 6 phone.  If I get them to activate the card in a US phone and then send it to me that could be (based on the 2 postal systems) up to a month.  I looked at my bill projection for the next billing period and it is going from about 75 to 130.  I do not know why and was NEVER informed of any additional charges.  I have been paying for services that I have not been able to access.  I have am being charged a HUGE amount for no reason of my own.  I had asked the other service providers what to do with the sim card and was not told that after activation the phone I had would.  

What I was told do to was to break the law and leave my house to go and use a hotel phone, pay phone or another phone to call another number because the VERION representative online was unable or unwilling to help.  So what can I do now on all of the above issues

0 Likes
Re: .
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DSMITHS, we definitely want to take a closer look into this matter, and will be sending you a Private Note. Keeping you connected is vital, and we want to do everything we can to help find out what's going on with your bill and service.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes