Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I file a formal complaint?
Mandy75

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for years. But my most recent experience has me looking to switch providers. 

In December I opened a new line on my account in order to take advantage of the BOGO offer. While activating the phone at the store I signed up for the Just Kids account without being told the limits of that plan. Before the phone was even used I asked to upgrade to the Unlimited plan. I tried to do this in the store, but was told that I should work directly with Verizon since the store was an authorized retailer.

I called Verizon customer service. I was told that they changed the plan and that I would not lose the promotion because the new plan qualifies for the promotion and it is a more expensive plan. 

In February I received an email that I was going to lose my promotion because I switched plans. I called Verizon customer service again. That representative told me that she fixed the issue and that I would not lose my promotion.

Yesterday I received another email from Verizon stating that my promotion was  removed. I checked my account and sure enough my next bill does not include the promotion. I called customer service again and was told that they can see where I called and my issue was sent to the promotions department (I may be mis-remembering which department) and there was nothing else that could be done at that time.

I asked to receive something in writing that this matter was being taken care of and I was told that they can not do that. I asked to speak with someone in the promotions department (or perhaps it was a different name) and they said I can't do that. I asked to speak with a supervisor or manager and was told no. They took my number and said that a manager would call me back. Of course they did not.

I sent an email to the executive team via the Verizon website and I received an email that a member of the executive team would be in touch shortly. That did not happen.

This lack of customer service and false advertising is unacceptable. I need to know how to escalate this complaint. My next steps will be to file a complaint with the BBB and then switch carriers. This is such a shame. The whole reason I even added the line was because of the BOGO offer.

0 Likes
Re: How do I file a formal complaint?
Mandy75

I also forgot to add that I was also promised a $100 credit because I upgraded my iphone. I haven't even been asking for that! I just want my BOGO credit!

0 Likes
Re: How do I file a formal complaint?
Tigerstep

I've never heard of a BOGO promo that has a Just Kids requirement. When there is a plan required for a BOGO, it's typically going to be what Verizon calls a "premium" Unlimited plan (Play/Do/Get more) on both lines to get the highest discount.

Whoever told you to waste your time on hold for something that takes less than 2 minutes in the app (plan change) is why I loathe authorized retailers. Bunch of lazy store reps and bogus setup fees.

There is no "promotions department". That's Verizon's marketing team and they don't speak with customers. Whenever a promo falls off, a CSR submits a promo fallout form to get it added back on through them. Promos get removed when the system detects sudden changes. The purpose of the form is to get an actual person to review what phones you have, the plans and the promo page to make sure everything lines up. All your resolution takes is to call CS, ask for them to submit a promo fallout form and everything gets fixed.

0 Likes