Re: How do I find someone to resolve an oddball situation
Daddykins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes  i will get hit with a $300 early termination fee, but Sprint will buy my current phone for $241 and give me a free (though used) iphone.  The net difference will be $60 if i go with Sprint...as compared to $300 if i stay with Verizon.

0 Likes
Daddykins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Silver:

I knew someone out there would know the Magic name.  I will call tomorrow and post the results when i have them.

I honestly believe this to be a 50/50 proposition, but i won't know unless i give it a shot.

Cheers

0 Likes
Not applicable

Once again cancel your wife's account which SHOULD be cheaper. Or free even if she's already out of contract. Give her your phone. I'm not seeing the pronblem with that.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

hello are you still trying to switch your numbers?

hit me back if you are

0 Likes
Daddykins
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is exactly what I am trying to do.  I want to switch numbers then cancel the old account.

0 Likes
Daddykins
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are absolutely right Brian, I want to cancel her account and give her my phone.  The only rub is that I need to put her old number on my phone.  She has a health issue that messes with her ability to remember new number combinations.

0 Likes
How do I find someone to resolve an oddball situation
Daddykins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to all who replied and gave advice.  I spoke with their retention department and there was a different way to skin this cat, which is much cheaper than getting hit with the $300 Early Termination Fee.  The down side is that I would still have to keep both phones active and pay for a family plan, which roughly doubles the cost.  With this being the case, I believe we are going to go with Sprint. 

The deciding factor isn't the up front price as much as it is the monthly rate.  I will get a much more free data and free usage through Sprint and their "buyback" program will cover most of the cost of the ETF.  Like all decisions that will be costing long term money, I am going to stew on this for a couple days...however I'm pretty sure we will be cutting the cords and moving on when the final decision is made.

0 Likes
Daddykins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am still trying to switch.  I haven't done anything yet.  What do you

have in mind???

Eliot H

<< Edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes