How do I improve coverage at Lake Joy in WA?
mpgoguen

There has been a notice posted for a couple of years about a new Verizon cell tower being installed on Lake Joy in WA.  How do I find out whether this is going to happen or not.  The Verizon coverage on Lake Joy is abysmal, we get 1x, sometimes.  I have to go out on the deck in the back to make a call and then the call still drops a reasonable percentage of the time and my phone rarely rings in the house.  We don't pick up 3G until we drive about 4 miles away.  I've been hanging on to Verizon because of the new tower notice but if it is not going to happen I need to find a carrier with better coverage in this area.

Thanks for the response,

Frustrated Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I improve coverage at Lake Joy in WA?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mpgoguen -

As a customer myself, I understand where your frustrations are coming from. This is not the experience I want for any of my customers. While I do not have access to tower locations here, let's get some more information so we can work through this together.

Is the issue only inside your phone? Are you having issues with text and data or just calls? What kind of phones are you using?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How do I improve coverage at Lake Joy in WA?
mpgoguen

Using iPhones  5S & 6.  This is not a phone issue it's a Verizon coverage issue.  We only receive 1x service at our house and in most of the area around Lake Joy in Carnation WA.  The Verizon coverage map shows 4G in this area but we don't even get 3G service here.

My question is; Verizon posted a notice on a board about a half mile from my house on Lake Joy Dr that states they are putting up another tower.  This is a link to the notice

http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/depts/permitting-environmental-review/dper/documents/PublicNotices...

I just want to find out if Verizon is going to actually build this tower or did they just put the sign up to buy time to keep customers while the customer think service is going to improve.  If the tower is not going to be built then we will need to move to a different carrier that has stronger service in our territory.

Thanks for the response...

0 Likes