How do I know if I have been blocked?
ting6

I would be very greatful if experienced Verison users could help me out with this once and for all.

I called a Verison cell number from my cell phone 3 times with intervals of few mins, after 4-5 rings, each time, this is the message I heard. "calls to this number have been suspended"

Okay....I called from my friend's phone number, 2 calls--- interval of 2mins, BOTH calls went through, after 4 rings, BOTH CALLS went to regular voicemail.

All 5 calls were made in one "batch."

So was I actually blocked?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suspended or blocked?
Not applicable

The possibility is yes the device you are calling from blocked you.

A good test would be have the person who you are calling to call you. I have read blocks only work one way, so they should not have an issue calling you. However if a similar thing happens when they call you, I would say it then is not a block issue.

Since you have used another device to make the call you can now see it is only an issue on your end. Question, did you mask your number from showing when you made your call? Many times customers won't or don't accept calls from unknown numbers.

This may be the reason you get that recording.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

The possibility is yes the device you are calling from blocked you.

A good test would be have the person who you are calling to call you. I have read blocks only work one way, so they should not have an issue calling you. However if a similar thing happens when they call you, I would say it then is not a block issue.

Since you have used another device to make the call you can now see it is only an issue on your end. Question, did you mask your number from showing when you made your call? Many times customers won't or don't accept calls from unknown numbers.

This may be the reason you get that recording.

Good Luck

0 Likes
ting6

No I didn't mask my number. Each time I called, both numbers were visible.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would now think if the friend got through that it is or was blocked.

Just for fun, use the call I'd blocking for just one use.

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/mobl/features.faqs_faqs%7CFeaturesandOptionalServices%7Cfaq_cal...

See if the call gets through.

Good Luck

0 Likes