How do I listen to my voicemail greeting?
tminer55
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I listen to my voicemail greeting?

Labels (1)
Re: How do I listen to my voicemail greeting?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you looked at the FAQ's on the VZW website? Search Results for voice mail greeting . Generally calling voicemail, *86, will allow you to listen to voice mails as well as change administrative options.  This includes Personal Options such as Greetings.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to be able to listen to your voicemail greeting, tminer55. jav6 gave some great ideas on how to access your greeting. So we can provide all options to do so, what make and model phone do you have? Do you currently access voicemail via *86 or the voicemail application?

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Martin_d35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, these responses didn't help me. I used *86 to access my voicemail. My voicemail greeting is the standard greeting with my telephone number. There is not an option to hear the voicemail greeting if you choose the standard greeting with telephone number.

As LynnD_VZW said, it is important to be able to listen to your voicemail greeting. Is there a way to listen to the voicemail greeting if your greeting is the standard greeting with your telephone number?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call your number from another phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Martin_d35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well yes, calling from another phone is certainly an option.

I guess I assumed the original post was asking how to listen to your voicemail greeting from your own phone. Which is possible if you use *86 and record a personalized greeting. But not so much if you are using a standard greeting with telephone number.

Someone left me a voice message and said my voicemail greeting was really long. So I tried to listen to my greeting but couldn't since I use the standard greeting with telephone number. I haven't had the opportunity to call my phone from someone else's phone. I was hoping there was a way I could do it with my phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Martin_d35, we always want to provide the best options available to you. If you have the standard greeting selected, it certainly shouldn't be that long of a message. We can review options that may be available to listen to the standard greeting from your device. Can you tell us the make/model of the device that you're using as well as the state that you currently live in? Also, please know that you can view voicemail instructions at 

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

BB08
Enthusiast - Level 1

The question that's being asked is "how do I listen to my current voicemail greeting?"

Regardless of whether the greeting is a system default or a custom, recorded greeting, the user should be able to listen to that greeting via Voicemail options. There used to be an option for this, for instance "Press 1 to listen to your current greeting. Press 2 to record a new greeting." 

Is this an option somewhere?

bnh123
Enthusiast - Level 1

There still is no option to listen to my voicemail greeting, how frustrating.

MsMagilicutty
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a samsung s10e:  Call voicemail like you would to check your messages.  Follow the promps to change your personal options.  Select to change your personal greeting.  It will play your current greeting before giving you the option to change it.