How do I release a phone number to a business account?
edykeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to release my personal cell phone number to be added to my employer's business account. I've called customer service twice (611 and the 1-800 number) and AoL once, and all three times was assured that it would be released and added to the business account. I had the HR department give the account number to transfer to, and they were told each time that they would be called back to confirm the details. HR was never called back, and when I log on to MyVerizon, it still shows an active account that is about to be billed again for another month. Am I doing something wrong here, or am I supposed to wait until the billing period is over, or what? I have no clue how to proceed, as each person has told me that it was completed, but my number has not been added to the business account. Is there someone else I'm supposed to be talking to here?

I appreciate any help that someone can lend me and hopefully get this resolved. My employer has stated that they have never had this issue before and has also been calling, but to no avail.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't release phone number to a business account.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Edykeman, having a hiccup like this is not something that happens often, let us be your drink of water and get this cleared up ASAP. Usually when you do an AOL, the transfer is seamless. Have you spoken to the AOL department directly? You can reach them at 1-888-832-4540 and make sure that they have all the information they need to complete the transfer. This will get you directly to the department, and they will be able to see if there is anything standing in the way of your account change. Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance, we are always here to help.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Edykeman, having a hiccup like this is not something that happens often, let us be your drink of water and get this cleared up ASAP. Usually when you do an AOL, the transfer is seamless. Have you spoken to the AOL department directly? You can reach them at 1-888-832-4540 and make sure that they have all the information they need to complete the transfer. This will get you directly to the department, and they will be able to see if there is anything standing in the way of your account change. Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance, we are always here to help.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What you need to do is leave a not on your account that the business can assume the liability and then the business calls and does the rest if the work.

Be careful and read the agreement with your employer. They may not let you have your number back at the end of employment.

0 Likes
ani_d303

This is the wrong phone number to to use to speak with someone about releasing your number to a business/your employer. I just called and this is the number your employer uses to accept transfer of a phone number.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KH-Omah Are you trying to transfer service from your personal Verizon Account to a Verizon Business Account?

0 Likes