How do I remove voicemails?
Steve_Samples

I am trying to completely remove voicemail from a wireless line (using an iPhone 6).  I have disabled visual voicemail through the Verizon website.  I called customer support to get the voicemail removed, and I was told that it cannot be removed.  This is contrary to my past experiences and to others' experiences on this forum.  Has Verizon changed its service offering to now require voicemail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steve.Samples,
Apple makes this a little confusing. The iPhone actually uses an Apple based voicemail that they do not allow us to disable. I hope this helps clear things up.

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steve.Samples,
Apple makes this a little confusing. The iPhone actually uses an Apple based voicemail that they do not allow us to disable. I hope this helps clear things up.

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Trace777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a nokia v3 prepaid. I called Verizon and it is impossible to get a live person. I tried the scheduling a call for technical support and it sends me in circles. I have this issue but not on an I Phone. I want my voicemail removed. I did eventually get a chat that said they would remove it within 24 hours. It's still working 4 days later. Please help! 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes