How do I report service outage or degradation?
nukii

My phone service has degraded considerably at work in the past week.  Where I used to get 2-3 bars of LTE consistently throughout the building, I now get 3G in spots, and often 1x.  What's the best way to report this?  I don't see anything on the VZW website about it.

Afftected area is in East Hartford, CT, specifically coordinates 41.754171,-72.625667.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I report service outage or degradation?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

YYou would have to actually call customer service and file a ticket. Service however is not guaranteed indoors so there is no real way to know if the ticket will help. Was there any remodeling done? Construction in and or around the building? New office equipment? New office furniture? HVAC fixes or upgrades? All of these things and more will cause signal degradation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

YYou would have to actually call customer service and file a ticket. Service however is not guaranteed indoors so there is no real way to know if the ticket will help. Was there any remodeling done? Construction in and or around the building? New office equipment? New office furniture? HVAC fixes or upgrades? All of these things and more will cause signal degradation.

0 Likes
nukii

No changes to the building in that time frame, unless someone is running a jammer.  Service is similar outside and near windows.  There's been a definite change in one of the nearby towers.

0 Likes
scoticus_rex
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like anyone has time to spend hours on the phone getting bounced around Verizon customer service. It would be faster and less stressful to move to a new provider given how awful Verizon customer service has been literally forever. Generally a good company, but the worst customer service of any company in any industry I have ever dealt with and it has been for more than a decade. Case in point, a decent company would have built a portal years ago where users could go and with a click or two report degradation in service in their area. Enough clicks would indicate a trend in that geographic area and generate a response automatically without someone having to spend hours on the phone with customer service.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes