How do I switch service to a device?
eraase

My phone broke and I'm trying to switch service to my old phone. Customer service doesn't exist after 11 pm and I'm not the account owner. I am an account manager on our plan but My Verizon is saying I'm not. Is there any way I can do this or am I just going to have to wait until business hours?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I switch service to a device?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you happen to be switching between 4G devices and they use the same size SIM card ... ensure the broken phone is turned off (I'm assuming it is if broken), remove the SIM card, place it in the old phone, and turn the phone on.  Once it's powered up and recognized by the network, you should be good to go, but if you run into an issue, you'll have to have the Account Owner contact VzW for assistance in getting it activated.

View solution in original post

Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you're not the account owner then you're going to have to wait until business hours...

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you happen to be switching between 4G devices and they use the same size SIM card ... ensure the broken phone is turned off (I'm assuming it is if broken), remove the SIM card, place it in the old phone, and turn the phone on.  Once it's powered up and recognized by the network, you should be good to go, but if you run into an issue, you'll have to have the Account Owner contact VzW for assistance in getting it activated.