How do we improve phone coverage for Lake Arrowhead community
mjmoran

We have owned a house in the Lake Arrowhead community, in Waleska, GA for 7 years.  Since, this was a weekend retreat for us, we didn't mind that the phone signal was weak.  However, now that we are retiring, we would like to figure out how to get a better signal. 

Whether we are in the house or on the lake, we only get 1 bar.  The coverage map says we should have adequate coverage for 4g, but we are not seeing this.  We do have foilage around our house, but that doesn't explain why its this bad even on the lake, in open water. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do we improve phone coverage for Lake Arrowhead community
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would check the Verizon coverage map again:

Coverage Locator

Unless I have your zip code wrong, it looks like all around the lake is 4G Extended coverage; meaning you're not using Verizon towers, but another carriers towers.

"Access the 4G LTE network within the Verizon Extended Coverage Area; certain conditions may cause your service to connect to 3G in this Area. Some of the Coverage Areas include networks run by other carriers, the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources, and we cannot ensure its accuracy."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do we improve phone coverage for Lake Arrowhead community
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would check the Verizon coverage map again:

Coverage Locator

Unless I have your zip code wrong, it looks like all around the lake is 4G Extended coverage; meaning you're not using Verizon towers, but another carriers towers.

"Access the 4G LTE network within the Verizon Extended Coverage Area; certain conditions may cause your service to connect to 3G in this Area. Some of the Coverage Areas include networks run by other carriers, the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources, and we cannot ensure its accuracy."

0 Likes