How in the world have you made a simple upgrade into a 3 going on 4 day mess?!
Scuba19
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started with me heading to the store Monday as I just paid off my S8+ and was going to upgrade to the S10 5G for the $450 off. Simple, right? Apparently not. I get to the store and the rep said to pick up my phone I had to have already paid the tax and upgrade fee. I said I'll do it now and he said I had to call to do it first. So I called. After holding for 35 minutes I talk to the phone rep and told him the deal. First he told me that I could pay it there and that a note would be on my account immediately. I talk to the store rep again and he won't take it saying it needs to go through over the phone. I call and after holding another 20 some minutes the new phone rep took my payment and then said that my phone should arrive by Wednesday by 8pm. I was like what are you talking about I told you I was in the store. He tries to cancel the order but can't. I left the store as it was after close at this point and then he told me to go back and I should be able to get ot but as I said it was closed now. He took my number and said he would call me at 9am. He did and told me that the order has been taken care of and I can go to the store anytime and pick it up. So I get to the store only for them to tell me that the phone is still on its way to my house. Getting irritated at this point I call for probably the 4th time now. I hold and speak to another rep. This one says yes the package is still on its way and will be there tomorrow. I leave and go home. Now its today. I look up the status of the package on FedEx and it said it was in Mikeaukee but being sent back. I call again for the 5th time. This rep looks and confirms what I see and tells me that its on its way back and I can go to the store and pick it up. She even called and had them put one on the side. So I go to the store for a third time in as many days. These reps say that the order is in transit on its way back. I said I know the rep called here an hour ago and told me I'm finally all set. They call whoever and talk to them for a half hour just to tell me that they can't do anything. Now I'm getting upset. I leave and call again and after a 25 minute hold I'm told that the system is down and to call back in an hour. I call back in an hour and they say its going to be an hour. I said that's what you said an hour ago. I call again and this rep says she doesn't see a problem with me picking up the phone now. I go to the closest store now. I'm in a Verizon store for the 4th time in 3 days. I talk to the rep there and sees the mess that has now been created in my account and she calls whoever because once again it says pending. I look at the FedEx site and it says the phone won't be returned until Monday. She comes back and once again I cannot get the phone. Then she asks me if there was something wrong with my phone. There isn't because if there was I wouldn't be trading it in and thats not the point! I was told to come to a store for a 4th time and somehow I'm still holding my S8+. I need this phone by tomorrow night as I am leaving on Friday for a wedding and I plan on using the S10 5G's camera. Somehow in this period of time I see 3 different orders were placed and I don't know why therevis more than one especially because the first one should not have happened. Today is over as the stores are now closed. I will be calling in the morning and demanding that this ends now and you guys really owe me something now as this is by far the worst experience I have had with any company, not just phone carriers. Which terrible because you usually have great service but this has been a dang comedy of errors and I'm not laughing. How can there be such a chain of reps messing things up, telling me its resolved when its not, telling me its being shipped when it has been canceled, have me running across town to get the blasted phone to be turned away 4 times now and just creating a web of garbage? What happened? How? I'm not happy at all. I will be calling again tonight and if I have anymore problems I want the preorder package with the Galaxy Buds, the charger and the $200 gift card and a case. One mistake? It happens. I've worked in customer service for years and I have never seen anything like this. I don't even know how its gotten this messed up. It's a simple frickin upgrade!! And how there are 3 seperate order slips is beyond me. I'm done, please respond.

0 Likes
Re: How in the world have you made a simple upgrade into a 3 going on 4 day mess?!
Scuba19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have never written anything negative about any company on reddit, yelp or whatever before in my life. Let's not make this the first. Please.

0 Likes