How is it impossible to change the shipping method when Verizon Wireless is the one who screwed up?
micultra8

Verizon Wireless doesn't have an email address because they know they'd get inundated with their many dissatisfied customers. I used to say "I love Verizon Wireless!!" now when people ask why I'm still with Verizon I say, "Better the devil I know than the devil I don't." And that's what almost everyone I know says!!! Why are we paying for terrible customer service and terrible policies!!! Don't they get enough money from us without having to treat us like garbage?!?!?!

Anyway, this is a bit of a rant, and I just hope someone sees it who can try to effect some change, although I doubt that's possible.

I know this is probably not the best way to resolve my issue, but I've been on the phone with customer service for over an hour, and I don't have time to go through the proper channels to leave feedback that I'm not sure even gets reviewed.

I ordered a new iPhone 5c on March 31st, through a promotion where I got the 32GB for free. Wonderful promotion, I was very excited, it worked out very well for me. I entered my credit card information to pay the $30 upgrade fee, which, quite frankly, should be illegal, and Verizon Wireless should be ashamed of themselves for charging customers to continue being customers. But that's a battle for another day.

The iPhone 5c was on back order and was guaranteed shipped by April 18th. I'm a tax accountant, so it works out well that I was super busy and not staring at the mailbox during those 18 days. But every now and then I checked my order status and it was never updated with FedEx. So I was a little concerned. On Friday, April 18th at 6.06 EST, I called in and spoke with a woman who assured me nothing was wrong with my order, and by the time the weekend was over, I should have an updated status. I asked her to review it carefully because I was concerned that I hadn't received any kind of update. She said there was nothing in there to delay my order.

Cut to Tuesday, April 22. I was perturbed, but not alarmed that I didn't have my new phone. Until my mother reminded me that she was getting my old phone, and her grace period ends on Friday, when she needs to either reconnect a phone, or start paying for service again, with or without the phone. So I called Verizon to find out what was going on.

The $30 charge didn't go through, so they never sent my device out. There is no reason the charge didn't go through, I have confirmation that I entered my card information correctly, there was over $2,000 in that account. So nothing on my side was amiss. Nobody at customer service can figure out why the payment didn't process. And nobody has the authority to expedite the shipping of my new phone. Ashley had me on hold for over 10 minutes while she conferred with a supervisor. Then she hung up on me. An accident, I know, but she didn't try to call me back, or text me to give me a callback number (which I've been told is an option).

So I had to call back in and explain this all over again to a new representative who was unable to transfer me to Ashley. And Ashley didn't put her correct inner email on my call record, so the new rep couldn't contact her. The new rep said all she could do was take the $30 payment, and then send my phone out. I was understandably upset at how I'd been hung up on, and previously lied to by the rep on Friday the 18th. But the rep insisted there was nothing she could do to expedite the shipping of my phone. I asked to speak to a supervisor, waited almost 20 minutes, which I understand.

The supervisor gets on the phone, and insists there's nothing she can do to expedite the shipping of my phone. Even after I explained the whole story, she still couldn't do anything. Because I chose normal shipping when I ordered the phone, they couldn't change it to overnight shipping now without cancelling the order. But if they cancelled the order, then I wouldn't be eligible for the promotional price, since that promotion had ended. I find it hard to believe 1) that there is **nobody** at Verizon Wireless customer service who can contact the warehouse and ask them to overnight a shipment and 2) that there is **nobody** at Verizon Wireless who could cancel my original order, create a new order with overnight shipment, and then waive the price of the phone to be in line with the promotion/sale.

I find it equally impossible to believe that in special circumstances, you can't forward the stock request to a store near me so I can pick up in person.

And then, to make matters even more fun, the supervisor I was on the phone with told me I had to order asap, because the shipping cutoff had passed 15 minutes before, and there wasn't even a guarantee that my phone would be shipped out at the end of the day. So instead of getting my phone a week later than I should have, I'd be getting it over a week later than I should have. To further compound my anger and frustration, when I called Verizon on March 31st to ask a question about my update, I sat on hold for a few minutes and was transferred and then hung up on. So I was hung up on twice by customer service, and that still didn't get me what I wanted.

Now, I know these are first world problems. But if consumers keep letting themselves get pushed around by the big monopolies who don't care about my $75 a month, then it will just get worse.

Ask yourself: Would you stay with a company who treated you the way I was treated above?

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Soon to be a Former Verizon Customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How is it impossible to change the shipping method when Verizon Wireless is the one who screwed up?
KTurner1958

I think most Verizon customers feel the same way:/  I was chatting with Verizon for over 2 hours and they still wouldn't help me.  Verizon Wireless and their customer service is TERRIBLE!!  I do not know why they still have customers.  I upgraded to the iPhone 5S end of December 2013.  I spent over $250 for the brand new iPhone 5S and only had it for 3 mos before I started having problems with it.  It is now June and am on my 3rd iPhone 5s.  This 3rd phone is having issues already, which will make it the 4th phone since I upgraded and the 3rd replacement refurbished phone they sent me.  I called today asking for a new phone.  I do not want any part of the iPhones anymore with as many problems as I have had.  I spoke to 3 different representatives, and none of them would help me.  I still have a year and a half at least left on my contract, so they are going to let me go through god knows how many more iPhones before my contract ends. They basically stated that if I wanted a different phone I have to pay full retail price for a new phone or else be stuck with replacement iPhone 5S' for the next year and a half.  Verizon is worthless!!  I'm thinking I'm going to switch carriers.  I spent so much money on a brand new phone when I upgraded and only had the new phone for 3 mos....that's just ridiculous and unfair and Verizon won't replace it with another brand new phone. I am stuck with refurbished iPhone 5S'. 

0 Likes
Re: How is it impossible to change the shipping method when Verizon Wireless is the one who screwed up?
bhugg43
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree I have been having problems since April they switched me to the Edge plan and I wasn't aware of it ! I have been on the phone time after time looking for help and they refuse to do anything about it . Their customer service is awful unless you are there to sign up with them or buy some new equipment ! This was all their doing and they refuse to take any blame at all very unhappy! Becky Hugg

0 Likes