How many people think Verizon is GOOD at "customer service" - or is that an oxymoron?
S2S
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back when Comcast’s customer service was reported to be HORRIBLE (okay, it sounds like many think it still is), one frustrated but motivated customer created this website: www.comcastmustdie.com. (For real!  YOU CAN STILL GO THERE - CHECK IT OUT!  That’s inspiring evidence of the power of the people!) I read about it in a USAirways magazine article about a bestseller business book on customer service and the lack thereof.  The instant I read the site name, I could identify 100%!  Obviously so could many others! Which is, no doubt, why this very popular site got Comcast's attention at some point. (Again, go check it out and also surf over to www.customercircus.com.)  Supposedly Comcast promised to do better and yet judging from current behavior I read/hear about, have they really changed? The moral of the story for Verizon: TAKE NOTE! When you treat your loyal customers like you couldn't care less ... when you don't bother to be upfront about which stores are actually "Verizon corporate" vs. those "retailers" you distance yourselves from when you need to ... when you make better offers to NON-customers than EXISTING-customers ... when you outsource your technical knowledge, your in-store help, your telephone customer service ... when you have chain upon chain of hand-offs so nothing can be resolved by one call or one chat and as a result, every issue requires many other time-sucking, anger-producing efforts ... THAT'S when you step deep into the Crappy Customer Experience Camp. Translation: LEGENDARILY DREADFUL, EMBARRASSINGLY INCOMPETENT and FLAGRANTLY OFFENSIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Seriously, Verizon, that's how you want to be known by the people you serve?  That’s how you want your current customers to describe you to prospective customers?  I bet your competition is itching to prove they can treat us better!  Shall we let them? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How many people think Verizon is GOOD at "customer service" - or is that an oxymoron?
rpracing

Compared to where I just switched here from (US Cellular), Verizon so far has been 10000 times better.

0 Likes
Re: How many people think Verizon is GOOD at "customer service" - or is that an oxymoron?
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

I was just in a Verizon store on Tuesday to pick up a new phone. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. The customer service rep was courteous and knowledgeable. Of course, I already knew exactly what I wanted, so he didn't have to sell me anything, just set it up.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

People only think customer service is bad when they don't get what they want. Usually what they want is very absurd and goes against everything that is written in a contract that they have signed. The customer is always right is completely wrong! I don't understand how people can just demand stuff.