How much time and work am I expected to do?
msbav8r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried to add a line to my account last week. Picked out a free phone and thought that was it. Within 30 mins, I got two emails and 3 texts about a problem with porting in my other number. After 2 phone calls and 2 chat sessions which wasted 2 & 1/2 hours and nobody had any clue about the problem let alone how to solve it, I had enough. Canceled the new line, the phone, and new plan. Was told everything was taken care of. Then some incredibly rude woman from the porting department called and said they were ready to start the porting process. Told her I no longer wanted to add the line, cancelled the phone and wasn't going to waste any more of my time. Had to wait on hold, again, connected to someone else who assured me that everything was cancelled.

Two days later, the phone, that I canceled, that I was assured was canceled, was delivered.

Couldn't get anybody by phone, so tried chat. Was told they would send a return label. Two days later, an empty envelope, with no return label arrived.

Called again, put on hold, then disconnected. Tried chat. Was told they would take care of it. Yesterday, another empty envelop, with no return label showed up.

Called again. Waited 20 mins on hold. Went to chat. Was told I should find a Verizon store and I should bring it to them.

I don't know what happened to Verizon, but they are now as bad as Sprint.

Will be switching carriers tomorrow and if Verizon wants the phone they can come pick it up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How much time and work am I expected to do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I've sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at <https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox> to discuss further details about your concern.

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

msbav8r
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can others benefit when you made your answer private and tried to end the comment by marking your own answer as correct and helpful?

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you as much as we can msbac8r53 and make sure that all of your concerns are resolved. Please let us know if your questions about the port in have been resolved. Thanks.

Rogelio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
msbav8r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I resolved it by switching to T-Mobile this morning. And, Dish will be

coming Thursday to replace FiOS. Verizon's customer service is abysmal.

You should be ashamed of how incompetent and utterly useless it has become.

mama23dogs
Legend

msbav8r53 wrote:

How can others benefit when you made your answer private and tried to end the comment by marking your own answer as correct and helpful?

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Yeah...it’s SOP

0 Likes