How to file a complain, please!
NancyHoang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was about to leave Verizon, but sale rep. offered me a good deal to stay. So instead of leaving, I added 2 more lines on to my 2 existing ones to get the 4 lines for $160 (More everything plan). However, I was so shock when I received a bill of $665+ . I called customer service several times, but it does not get resolved. I called again tonight, but the line was extremely busssyyy!!!   Can some one in charge of customer service get back to me, please!

Labels (1)
Re: How to file a complain, please!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The first bill is usually larger than subsequent ones - it includes device fees (did you have to buy new phones?), upgrade fees ($30 per upgrade), activation fees ($35 per new line), taxes ,etc. etc.

The $160 for four lines is for the service only; 4 smartphones is $40 x 4, or $160; but you need to add data for all those lines - what "bucket" do you have? 

While I agree that the advertising is deceptive, you need to know what you are buying and paying for.  what does the detailed breakdown of the bill say all those charges are for?  Phones?  Upgrade or activation fees?  Accessories?

NancyHoang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi SuZyQ,

Thank you for your quick reply, but may I ask if you represent Verizon? Can

we chat or talk? because it is a complicate matter! It is more of how

Verizon conducts its business than the price issue! I am doing my best

trying to work it out without the help of my lawyer and / or escalate the

matter!!! because I understand Verizon does not have just me as a customer,

and I am extremely busssyyy too! Is it possible for you to contact the

customer service department to get some info into my case? please! I am

sure they are aware of my issue!

I just got home, dead tired! Can I discuss with you tomorrow? thank you

again for getting back to me so quickly.

Nancy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nancy,

I am just another customer, like you.  I do not "represent Verizon" - I'm here to answer questions and help other customers if I can, just because I have the same services and devices (in some cases) and can share my experience in similar situations.

If you've already retained a lawyer, and say it's not about the price issue (which your first post seemed to indicate, and that I tried to address), then this customer to customer help forum is not likely to provide what you need.  I hope you and your lawyer can work things out to your satisfaction.

B33
Legend

Nancy, As members on this peer to peer Forum we help one another as SuzyQ indicated, When you see A avatar BOX with Verizon usually black in color with the Red Verizon in the Center they are Employees when you start a Thread as a Question that is usually when and it make take a Few Days that one of the Employees will can answer your Question that you posted about.. But as members wheel try and help as much as we can.. Hope that HelpsSmiley Happy  b33

Verizon Wireless Customer Support  This Avatar Box represents the Employees on the Forum.

0 Likes
NancyHoang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks you both for your replies, and I am actually trying to calm myself

down before calling Verizon again! Smiley Happy) I have a good legal service plan,

but I am not crazy enough to get a lawyer involved in this matter! Unless

those representatives drive me crazy again! Smiley Happy) I will let you know how my

issue got resolved, may be next week, when I have a chance. I can not

believe that I now, have time to spend on this ridiculous matter.

Thank you again for your time and input, and have a good weekend.

Nancy

NancyHoang
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG, I did not know what I replied to you via email will be posted on the

forum... :-(((

0 Likes
Not applicable

SuzyQ wrote:

The first bill is usually larger than subsequent ones - it includes device fees (did you have to buy new phones?), upgrade fees ($30 per upgrade), activation fees ($35 per new line), taxes ,etc. etc.

The $160 for four lines is for the service only; 4 smartphones is $40 x 4, or $160; but you need to add data for all those lines - what "bucket" do you have? 

The 4 lines for $160 would require her to be on the 10 GB data plan or higher. The 2 new lines she would have had to buy new phones for. She probably could have used her 2 other phones. Sound like she only needed 2 lines but added 2 more because she thought she'd be saving. People should use a bit of common sense and know you're not magically going to get $100 knocked off your bill. At&t plans is the same and they advertise it as 4 lines 10 GB for $160 also. But there is the fine print and by now people should know to read it first. The Verizon website states **Plus Monthly Verizon Edge Device Fees,

If it was within 14 days she could have gotten out of it. Also to anyone that doesn't know reps CAN NOT offer you "good deals".  Verizon reps do not have the power to change plans or pricing. They can not offer anything more than what is offered. The whole "threaten to leave get $20 knocked off your bill for year" thing works with pay TV companies won't work with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NancyHoang,

I can imagine your surprise when opening your bill. As SuzyQ mentioned, after making changes the first bill you receive will normally be higher. Since two lines were added, there are costs like activation as well as monthly line access charges. When you added two lines did you sign up with Edge? This could be an additional cost since the equipment is billed on your statement.

I'd be happy to further review this for you so we can find out what's going on with your bill. Please send me a direct message after sending me a follow request and accepting my request.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your WelcomeSmiley Happy Have a Good Weekend.. b33

0 Likes