How to get divorcing daughter's number transferred to my Share Everything plan
MCW3600

My daughter is starting what could be a contentious split from her husband.  Based on his past behavior, we think he'll make life miserable for her with any chance he gets.  She wants/needs to retain her current phone number, but she's in a VZW family plan with his name as the primary account holder.  How can she get her number transferred over to a new phone that we add for her on a new Family Share Everything plan we want to set up for my wife, myself, and our daughter?  (We'd like to do this without needing to ask for the husband's "approval".)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to get divorcing daughter's number transferred to my Share Everything plan
rcschnoor
Legend

You can't make any changes to an account without the account owner's(i.e. your daughter's husband) approval. With that said, if your daughter is an account administrator, as designated by her husband from a happier time, she may be able to make these changes since he has already given approval for her to do so when he made her an account administrator.

0 Likes
Re: How to get divorcing daughter's number transferred to my Share Everything plan
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rcshnoor is correct

another option though would be a court order during the divorce settelment

0 Likes
MCW3600

She's unfortunately married to a control freak, and no way would he ever let her have access to that kind of "power".  She doesn't even know what kind of a plan they have!  So the administrator idea is a good one but doesn't apply here.  Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
MCW3600

Agreed, we ought to be able to do this for sure.  But what we're trying to do is get her number off their plan NOW, since otherwise he has full view of the numbers she's calling, how much she's talking to whom, etc.  As I mentioned in another reply, he's something of a control freak, and she's very interested in shielding herself from him.  At the same time, she'd like not to have to change a long-held phone number.

A last-resort alternative would be to just start a new line on our plan with a new number, and then port her number over to that line when things are more resolved.  But that would involve TWO sets of notifications to all her contacts, one for shifting to a "temporary" number, and one for eventually going back to her old, ported one.

So is there any likelihood that Verizon would make the change on her behalf, since it would only lessen his liability and not increase it?  (I expect to speak with VZW shortly but was wondering what the alternatives might be.)

Thanks for any insights you all might have to offer.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

legally vzw cannot do anything without the account owner/account manager/ or a court saying so

otherwise anyone could just move phones around

once she switches number why bother to go back?

also, its a number he wont have, which could be a good thing in the long run

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

MCW3600 wrote:

A last-resort alternative would be to just start a new line on our plan with a new number, and then port her number over to that line when things are more resolved.  But that would involve TWO sets of notifications to all her contacts, one for shifting to a "temporary" number, and one for eventually going back to her old, ported one.

Thanks for any insights you all might have to offer.

I don't think you can port her number to an existing line, but I'm not positive. Another thing you could do in the interim is, get a pre-paid phone and then forward her current number to the pre-paid. Here's instructions on how to forward the phone.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/features/calling_features/call_forwarding.html

0 Likes