How to get support for poor signal strength?
QLABDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon service in my neighborhood in central NJ has deteriorated significantly over the past year or so. I somehow think it had to do with the transition to 5G since it was around that time. It has nothing to do with phones - I have a Samsung S20 and there are 4 Iphones in the house with similar issues. We used to have rock solid service and now we regularly drop calls and get one or so bars in our home and drop calls driving in the neighborhood. We are in a very populated area.

I've called Verizon multiple times. I was initially given a network extender which is a terrible device. The call quality is very bad (echos) and the range is very small and doesn't cover my home. Recently called Verizon again and was told to enable WiFi calling. I don't need to pay Verizon while I use my WiFi. The network extender already does that. I was told my complaint was escalated to Tier 2 support, but it's been more than 2 weeks an not a word. 

We pay a huge amount of money and I'm about done. How can I get a qualified person at Verizon to look into this? I am seriously considering ending my long term relationship with Verizon. I don't want to, but I also need the service to work.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Re: How to get support for poor signal strength?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having issue with your services in your area is not what we want to hear. We can check your account for further updates on your issues. *Rhonda

0 Likes
QLABDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please do so and let me know what you need from me. we can't live with this in the post covid work from home environment.

0 Likes
QLABDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support I still have not heard from Verizon. When can I expect some action on this? Saying that you 'can' check my account isn't a commitment to do anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@QLABDAD 

Great, let's take a look! To avoid working with multiple agents, let's get you into the Secure Channel. This will ensure we stay together, and work on resolving this concern. Please click the link below, hope to see you soon!

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6008Ml7AA

*Angela

0 Likes
QLABDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon,

I started this thread and you helped someone else! I am glad that he/she got assistance but what about my problems?

QLABDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but I receive this message:

We're sorry but this session is no longer valid. Please reach back out to us on Social Media to get a new secure conversation link.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We regret to hear about your experience. Besides, dropped calls, are you having issues with data and text as well?

*Leyla

0 Likes
QLABDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't tell. We are connected to WiFi for data when at home.

0 Likes
CaliMich
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues.  Poor service began about 1 year ago.  We got new iphones because Verizon said that was the issue.  It was not the issue.  We cannot get any bars or cell service inside or outside our home.  We live in a remote area but neighbors with AT&T and other carriers are not having the same issues.  I'll be on the phone to Tier 2 next.

0 Likes