How to ping/access external IP address of a Verizon Mi-Fi hotspot?
GPO

Is it possible to ping the external IP address of a Verizon mi-fi hotspot?

I want to be able to access a device on my local network, externally from the internet.  I have the ports properly forwarded, and can find the external IP address of my mi-fi device.  (I know that it will change and can handled that through DDNS.)  But, I can not ping my external IP address.

Does Verizon allow access to the external IP of the hotspots so that ports on a local network may be externally accessed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to ping/access external IP address of a Verizon Mi-Fi hotspot?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mifi hotspot and the other 4G LTE devices on the Verizon Wireless network use a private IP addressing and not a public IP address. If you need a public IP address, you have to pay for it. I understand that the fee for a public IP address is a one time $500 charge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to ping/access external IP address of a Verizon Mi-Fi hotspot?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mifi hotspot and the other 4G LTE devices on the Verizon Wireless network use a private IP addressing and not a public IP address. If you need a public IP address, you have to pay for it. I understand that the fee for a public IP address is a one time $500 charge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes