How to report recent poor cellular service change that has not improved?
martinstanko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I am a long time Verizon customer and I have never had service issues until recently.  I live near Cupertino, CA (zip 95129)  It was about December or so when suddenly my signal (for both of my phones and my wife's) suddenly dropped from 4G 5-bars to nil and has been that way since.  I spoke to a representative once back in February who had me changed roam settings and other non-effective things on my phone.  Something has changed with your tower configurations.  Calls are often dropped and I cannot even send text messages from my home now.  How can I reach out and see if this can be addressed?  (I have an Iphone 5, a galaxy s4 mini, a mifi, and a galaxy s5, all verizon)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to report recent poor cellular service change that has not improved?
Snn5
Legend

Call Verizon and ask to open a network troubleshooting ticket.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Call Verizon and ask to open a network troubleshooting ticket.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you really have absolutely zero signal did they offer you a network extender? Or at least one at a discounted price? Because repairs can take awhile, and you've already been dealing with this for awhile, you may want to ask about one.

0 Likes
leftcoastwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, man. We just moved into Cupertino and I can't believe how bad our signals are in this area - an area dominated by some of the biggest tech companies in the world. I'm told it's the building we live in, but the signal isn't even good out on the street. There are areas of Cupertino where there is simply no signal. I've also been told that the city won't let them add any more towers. If that's indeed the case, I think they need to start giving out the network extenders, even though I'm not 100% that will fix our problems.

Please report back if you receive any satisfaction, as I'm in the same boat and would like a resolution.

Chris

Snn5
Legend

A network extender wouldn't help you anywhere except one stationary position.  If it is that bad on the street, you may need to do some carrier research.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leftcoastwood, we want to make sure that you are getting stellar service. I'm shocked to hear that you're having so many issues in teh area. I was able to review the zip code, I'm showing that the area is in a good 4G coverage. Do you have issues with just the data service or with phone calls and text messages as well? How far would you need to travel before you can pick up good coverage?  Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leftcoastwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Kevin.

It's voice, data, and texts. Incoming calls don't come through unless the

phone is on our balcony. If the phone is indoors, we end up getting

notified we have a voicemail at some point. The only way I can send a text

with image or place a call is to stand right up next to the windows, and

even then it's spotty.

I've been back and forth with agents via chat, the latest had me give them

signal strength numbers, etc., and she determined that my situation needed

to be escalated to some kind of technical department. I really don't have

time to call them this week, but the situation is extremely frustrating.

I was told a network extender might work, but I can't see forking out the

$200+, and then it doesn't improve the situation.

Thoughts?

Chris

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Mike944
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also started having poor cellular signal & SLOW DATA Speed about Jan 2015 on the SF Peninsula (94403)!  It seems to only be impacting our data speeds.  It is not just ONE device!  It is ALL FOUR of our 4G LTE devices in our family!  We are paying for 4G LTE speed but NOT getting it!!!  I have OOKLA Speed Test data going back to Jan 2, 2015 when I started noticing the issue.  My LTE download speeds are typically <1.5 Mbps.  Every once in a while it will jump up to 10-20 Mbps but is ONLY TEMPORARY.  I issue exists inside our house, standing in the middle of the street in front of our house, and at ALL HOURS OF THE DAY!!!!  We live only 2 blocks off of US-101 so SHOULDN'T be having these issues.  Today I figured out how to put my iPhone in Field Test Mode by dialing *3001#12345#* and my signal strength is showing -110 dBm when I'm standing OUTSIDE!!!  What the HECK!  COME ON VERIZON!!! 

I spent 2+ hours on the phone with an agent, changed the cellular roaming settings, did a Network Reset.  I got good 4G LTE Speeds for a few minutes and then back to CRAP!!!  I was told my case would be escalated to engineering on Aug 13th.  I will be following up tomorrow, Aug 16th!  I've about had it and am considering switching carriers.

The Verizon Coverage Locator Map is a TOTAL fat lie!!!!!!!  I'm thinking of trying an signal booster, but I shouldn't have to resort to this when we live in a flat location with NO OBSTRUCTIONS!!!

leftcoastwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not that this will solve everyone's issues, but I switched to Sprint and it solved my problems.

0 Likes
martinstanko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Regardless of what you are "showing" to be great 4G coverage, this is not the case.  Perhaps a dose of reality is due for a realistic analysis of your coverage map....Cupertino is notoriously bad for service and I would bet any of your customers in this area would say the same.  I too have heard the same story regarding tower coverage in Cupertino.

I will report, however that for at least my home, it has improved slightly over the last month or so.  I typically see 1 bar at 3G and sometimes 4G intermittently.  Sending text messages, especially photos is still delayed and forget using the browser should the Wifi be unavailable.

I used to brag about how awesome my Verizon signal was.  It seems network wide, this is not the case anymore.  It is unfortunate.  I have been a satisfied Verizon account holder for about 12 years until now.

0 Likes