Re: How to resolve incredibly slow data speeds?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coleventura,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. We are concerned to hear that you are having trouble with your service, but we will definitely look into this matter closer as we would never want to lose you. Are you having trouble everywhere with slow speeds or just in certain areas? When did this issue begin? Can you run a speed test while connected to our network to show what you are receiving? You can use this one here at http://bit.ly/1PFjzcP

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Vancefish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY is this called "How to Resolve incredibly slow data speed".. YET NOT ONE SINGLE SCRAP OF DATA ON HOW TO DO THAT!!??

Honestly this thread is just a ton of people whining about how slow it is,.. but NOTHING about ANY resolution!!

I DO NOT NEED to see other people having the same problem. I DO NEED to fix it!!

For over three years I have had ZERO problems.. This week I can't even load a text message without dropping from the claimed 4G,.. down to an instant 1X!!

I have UNLIMITED data.. Live WAY OUT in the country (so no issues with to many users around me)..

How do I fix it!??

boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Vancefish1 wrote:

WHY is this called "How to Resolve incredibly slow data speed".. YET NOT ONE SINGLE SCRAP OF DATA ON HOW TO DO THAT!!??

Honestly this thread is just a ton of people whining about how slow it is,.. but NOTHING about ANY resolution!!

I DO NOT NEED to see other people having the same problem. I DO NEED to fix it!!

For over three years I have had ZERO problems.. This week I can't even load a text message without dropping from the claimed 4G,.. down to an instant 1X!!

I have UNLIMITED data.. Live WAY OUT in the country (so no issues with to many users around me)..

How do I fix it!??

How do you fix congestion. start getitngpeopel in your area to stop using Verizon's network. I'm not sure why you think there is some magic button that can be pressed.  That's liek asking at 5 PM on a Firday "Why is the freeway so slow, how can I fix that?"

Vancefish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So your theory is that out here, five miles from a small town of 2000 people. The three cell towers (one less then a mile from me). Is being bogged down by the "hords" of users (roughly 50 farmers that live out here) that have bombarded the system into barely working?

That fully explains why I have a 4G lte signal right up until I attempt to check an email (which causes it to drop to 1X).. for the last 2 days!!

Yet shutting off my phone and waiting 2 minutes. Then restarting will give me full access for a few minutes!

Thanks for your help "boring user name". I feel SO enlightened now!

boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Vancefish1 wrote:

So your theory is that out here, five miles from a small town of 2000 people. The three cell towers (one less then a mile from me). Is being bogged down by the "hords" of users (roughly 50 farmers that live out here) that have bombarded the system into barely working?

That fully explains why I have a 4G lte signal right up until I attempt to check an email (which causes it to drop to 1X).. for the last 2 days!!

Yet shutting off my phone and waiting 2 minutes. Then restarting will give me full access for a few minutes!

Thanks for your help "boring user name". I feel SO enlightened now!

I doubt all those towers are Verizon. You assume a lot. Yes if those peole signed up for Verizon prepaid jetpack that has unlimited data and is using that for home internet then yes you can be congested. Especially if your tower is band 13 only.  A band 13 tower sector has a max capcity of 75 Mbps. And that is split amongst everyone. No detials on your devie . Do details about which bands the tower you connected to is using. Are you even sure the one 1 mile from you is Verizon?

By teh way I live in town of 3500 in county of 16,000. Our town has ONE Verion tower. And maybe 5 Verizon towers in the whole county( 400 square miles ) and one is at the interstate 15 miles away. I'm not sure what you want. There isn't some magic button. Verizon is not delibertly gimping your connection. If it's that bad switch carriers

Vancefish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In THREE YEARS of being here. I've never had any trouble AT ALL!

Yet now, this week.. a few days after the college 28 miles north let out and all 8000 students left the county.. NOW I can't even get enough band width to post a comment on Facebook??

I know of three Verizon towers around this town. I found a map of the local towers a few years ago. The one directly between here and that tiny town IS a Verizon tower.

It's not like I'm talking about San Francisco here.

I'm just trying to figure out why my normally VERY GOOD service has dropped to unusable in the last two days.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Vancefish1 wrote:

In THREE YEARS of being here. I've never had any trouble AT ALL!

Yet now, this week.. a few days after the college 28 miles north let out and all 8000 students left the county.. NOW I can't even get enough band width to post a comment on Facebook??

I know of three Verizon towers around this town. I found a map of the local towers a few years ago. The one directly between here and that tiny town IS a Verizon tower.

It's not like I'm talking about San Francisco here.

I'm just trying to figure out why my normally VERY GOOD service has dropped to unusable in the last two days.

Something 28 miles away has nothing to so with you. I dout Verion ahs 3 towers in a town of 2000. name your town and I'll look it up. 2 days? You know sometimes stuff happens. Maybe ther was dmaage. Maybe theya re doing upgrades. two days? You're hining about that? Also if your looking for anwswers a cusotmer to customer messageboard is not the place to look. And even if it was as I said you don't even mention where you are that has the issue. Good luck at your new carrier

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's never our intention to cause frustration, Tnictitanfan. This isn't the welcoming experience we would want for any customer, and I want to help get this fixed. What results do you get when performing a speed test? When did this issue first start happening, if not immediately? What data plan are you currently on?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
Vancefish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wrote this whole F-ing reply.. and lost connection!!

My Download is 11 Mbps.. My upload is fluctuating between 0 and 1 Mbps..

Which explains why I can watch Netflix, but can't check my email or Bank balance..

I am near Gridley California. Directly between Hwy 70 and Hwy 99 (About three miles east or west).

I'm on the Unlimited Prepaid plan. Using a Galaxy Note 9, Which is completely up to date on all apps, and Android software.

Vancefish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm now in San Francisco, on Treasure island. Which is 3-4 miles from Downtown San Francisco, 4-5 miles from Emoryville

0 Likes