How to sue Verizon?
jjensen1389
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I believe I have a case against Verizon because I am in a situation where they have actually gone against an agreement made with me in which they owed me credit to my account. I believe what they have done is fraud and/or theft. Are there any lawyers or legal experts that would have any advice on how to take them to court for this?

Labels (1)
Re: How to sue Verizon?
mama23dogs
Legend

Read your terms of service. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

IT is unlikely you have a case.  Verbal agreements cannot be enforced.

If you are indeed owed a credit, we can suggest methods to get what you are owed.

WE are fellow customers and will tell you if you can expect Verizon to pay up or if you are asking the impossible.

jjensen1389
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually have the agreement in written form. I received 2 text messages to my phone from Verizon saying that I would be receiving a credit to my account for $500 as a confirmation of a trade in I did for 2 iPhones. Now Verizon is saying they will not honor it because I actually was not eligible for the promotion because I upgraded early and did not wait till my actual upgrade date. On the phone 2 agents have admitted to this as a mistake on Verizon part and already gave me a $20 credit to apologize for the delay in receiving the credit and ensured me that I would receive it. Now they are saying they will not give me any credit or return me my phones. So now they have kept my phones and not given credit that the phones were worth. Since I have this in official writing from verizon isn't that a case?

jjensen1389
Enthusiast - Level 2

Atleast a case for small claims court right?

mama23dogs
Legend

IF you read the agreement, you know small claims would be the only option anyway.

What were the circumstances of the upgrade?  How early?  From a contract To Device payment plan?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Josh Jensen

IF I can help I will.  If you could explain what happened, I may have suggestions for you. [removed]

IF you have a valid grievance,( not just a lack of understanding of billing), the Better Business Bureau can be very helpful.  They will not help if your claim has no merit.

0 Likes
Aspire67
Enthusiast - Level 1

You might want to try contacting the consumer protection agency and/or your states Attorney General. Worst case is they tell you there is no case.

Not applicable

I would actually speak to a lawyer after you have escalated this issue up as high as possible with Verizon. Ie a supervisor etc. if this was a mistake on Verizon's part and you have it in writing they should honor it. They usually have to clean up their own major mistakes.

Personally I WOULD NOT take any "legal" advice or discouragement of legal action from anyone on these boards. You do not know who they really are or who they represent. REGARDLESS of what their name or profile says or who it identifies them as. (Myself included)

Do your own due diligence.

Gemini_71
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you signed your contract with Verizon, you agreed to Mediation in light of Litigation;  an extremely common practice for service corporationskills today.  You need to go through that process before filing in court, or it will be tossed. Should arbitration fail, then consult with your attorney about next steps.

Jgarlowich
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going to sue them privately first.  Then class action will follow. I have definitive proof of them erroneously billing me and altering contracts, recieved payments and altering merchandise data to receive payments NOT OWED