I-95 Coverage New England
medmarkco

What is your experience with VZW call quality along I-95 between Boston and Augusta Maine?  I travel this stretch regularly (2-3 times/mo summer and every weekend winter) and have just about given up trying to make calls to anyone - calls ALWAYS cut out/drop, especially when coming into or leaving a population center ... Portsmouth, Portland, Augusta.  Not a recent thing - long time issue. 

South of Portland last night call quality so bad had to hangup and call again.  Tried again 2x then we gave up.  Same on call south of Portsmouth.  Last month traveling between Portland and Augusta got disconnected 5x between two different contacts, then just stopped trying.  Called VZW tech support last night - said was my phone.  Called Apple support - said was VZW service.

My phone or VZW service?  Anyone else able to stay connected on extended calls through this area?  I would expect this to be a corridor of great service but hasn't been for me.

Equipment:  iPhone 7 (2yo)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I-95 Coverage New England
mama23dogs
Legend

As opposed to every other carrier?   I have friends along the CT and Mass shore line with other carriers.  When visiting we always called each other on our Verizon phones, joking, “don’t call sue, tom, jerry or bill, their phone’s a paper weight right now”. 

Reception is certainly effected if moving between towers on the highway.  If only your phone is a problem, it may be defective.  If you still have a problem, you might try a cell booster in the car.  (I’ve had one for over a year)

0 Likes
Re: I-95 Coverage New England
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to remain connected. We would like to take a loser look over the area. Can we please have the ZIP Code of the affected location? Are multiple devices affected? What troubleshooting steps have you completed so far?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes